We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Okay my hair's done! (PICS)

I LOVE how it turned out. You can't see the highlights quite as good in the pics but u get the general idea. They're on pg. 2 titled brown again in my fotki!!!

Kim

Comments

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Darker looks so dramatic on you! I love those side swept bangs! Did you just do bangs longer than if you were going to wear them normally or are they cut at an angle?
    I love the highlights too. I guess you can cancel that appt now!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • tinabcurlytinabcurly Posts: 545Registered Users
    It looks fantastic!
    Brown really makes your eyes standout- they're very pretty.
    3a/b mix
    pw:curlyqs
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    Looks really great - I love the bangs! I've been dying to cut some bangs myself...I just can't decide.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • FearnotsomuchFearnotsomuch Posts: 368Registered Users
    I love it :)

I really like the side swept bangs on you... I can't seem to get mine to sit right. How did you cut yours?
    In DESPERATE need of a haircut.
  • HippieChicHippieChic Posts: 252Registered Users
    That looks great on you! I love the bangs.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    the color and style are sexy!
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    OMG, Kim, it looks FANTASTIC!!! I love the color on you & the bangs look GREAT!!! I'm so envious that you can do all of this yourself - cut, color, highlights, etc. You look beautiful!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

• juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    Thanks guys :)

Medusahair: I pulled my bangs taught to around the tip of my nose & cut at an angle! ;)

Yeh gotta cancel that appt. :)
    Kim
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    Wow, it looks great! The cut, color, and everything. I love the darker color on you and the sideswept bangs . . . :D
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    OMG! I love it! Tell me how you did it! Exactly. Step by Step.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    Brio:

Okay I cut the bangs last evening. Just pull a triangular section taught to about my nose & cut at an angle. I'm sure it's not perfectly straight but oh well.

Then today I used Revolon colorstay in plain old "medium brown". I only left it on about 10-15 instead of the recommended 25 because my hair is VERY porous. I dried my bangs & top, then highlighted w/ "styliste" (Loreal I think) in the toffee color for medium to dark brown hair. I used the skinny brush & did about 6 strands all through the bang area. LEft on the whole 30 mins.

Wha la! ;) HTH,
    Kim
    p.s. DH came home & loves it!
    Brio:

Okay I cut the bangs last evening. Just pull a triangular section taught to about my nose & cut at an angle. I'm sure it's not perfectly straight but oh well.

Then today I used Revolon colorstay in plain old "medium brown". I only left it on about 10-15 instead of the recommended 25 because my hair is VERY porous. I dried my bangs & top, then highlighted w/ "styliste" (Loreal I think) in the toffee color for medium to dark brown hair. I used the skinny brush & did about 6 strands all through the bang area. LEft on the whole 30 mins.

Wha la! ;) HTH,
    Kim
    p.s. DH came home & loves it!
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    WOW! :D Your hair is amazing! I really love the color and the bangs. And those highlights are absolutely PERFECT! I just love it so much and you look really good in it!
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Posts: 447Registered Users
    It looks really pretty!
    3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.
  • cayseecaysee Posts: 89Registered Users
    Wow it looks great. I love the cut with the bangs. The color looks great on you. You are just beautiful!
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    Looks good. I think I like the dark better than the blond. Cute cut too. Like the length. It is kinda what I usually have I think.
    Love the bangs too. How did you get them cut? Are they all one length or angled or?

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Love it!! :D
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I think that it is impossible for you to have bad hair! :twisted:

It looks great!
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,785Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    The color suits you beautifully and the highlights are great. Good job!
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • AnotherSunnyDayAnotherSunnyDay Posts: 94Registered Users
    Really pretty :)

Do you have to straighten your bangs or can you get them to do that on their own? I want side swept bangs but I think I might be too lazy to make em look good :P
  • rushirb55rushirb55 Posts: 146Registered Users
    I love the color on you. It looks great like I thought it would. :)
    2C-3A??? Currently using Curly Q Milkshake, 3-minute Aussie Miracle, using non-sulphate shampoos, MopTop Pomade, Boots curl creme, always looking for that next miracle product for my hair! My PJ is never satisfied.
  • pitgirlpitgirl Posts: 162Registered Users
    Absolutely amazing, can you imagine if we all tried to do our perfect colour/cut ourselves? :shock:

Kim should become a curly hairdresser on the side me thinks.... id pay!

As usual Kim you've surpassed yourself again, well done you look sooo gorgeous x
    3a Redhead
    Umberto Giannini & Curls Rock Amp
    Fotki pw: curls

.png

.png
    Anothersunnyday: It's been very easy. I just comb them over to the side & squirt a little hairspray on it. Then I just diffuse them dry - kinda using my fingers to guide them to the side :) HTH!

Kim
  • joyajoya Posts: 199Registered Users
    Holy cow-that is stunning :P ! And agree with everyone about the bangs!!
    Now I want bangs. How do you style/keep them like that?
    Do you cut your own hair?????
    Joya: see my post above yours :)
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It looks great! I did like the blonde, but I have always thought the darker colors look better on you and make your beautiful eyes pop! :D You did a great job!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • IwantcurlyhairIwantcurlyhair Posts: 338Registered Users
    Just when I thought your hair couldn't look any better...WOW! You look amazing! I love that color on you and the highlights look gorgeous too. The cut and style of your hair are both awesome. When are you going to open your own salon?
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    Beautiful! Your bangs fall PERFECTLY! I can't believe you did that youself :)
  • MMWMMW Posts: 557Registered Users
    Wow, your hair is awesome! So pretty!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Love the darker color with toffee highlights!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file