CurlTalk

Okay my hair's done! (PICS)

I LOVE how it turned out. You can't see the highlights quite as good in the pics but u get the general idea. They're on pg. 2 titled brown again in my fotki!!!

Kim

Comments

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Darker looks so dramatic on you! I love those side swept bangs! Did you just do bangs longer than if you were going to wear them normally or are they cut at an angle?
    I love the highlights too. I guess you can cancel that appt now!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • tinabcurlytinabcurly Posts: 545Registered Users
    It looks fantastic!
    Brown really makes your eyes standout- they're very pretty.
    3a/b mix
    pw:curlyqs
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    Looks really great - I love the bangs! I've been dying to cut some bangs myself...I just can't decide.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • FearnotsomuchFearnotsomuch Posts: 368Registered Users
    I love it :)

I really like the side swept bangs on you... I can't seem to get mine to sit right. How did you cut yours?
    In DESPERATE need of a haircut.
  • HippieChicHippieChic Posts: 252Registered Users
    That looks great on you! I love the bangs.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    the color and style are sexy!
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    OMG, Kim, it looks FANTASTIC!!! I love the color on you & the bangs look GREAT!!! I'm so envious that you can do all of this yourself - cut, color, highlights, etc. You look beautiful!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

• juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    Thanks guys :)

Medusahair: I pulled my bangs taught to around the tip of my nose & cut at an angle! ;)

Yeh gotta cancel that appt. :)
    Kim
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    Wow, it looks great! The cut, color, and everything. I love the darker color on you and the sideswept bangs . . . :D
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    OMG! I love it! Tell me how you did it! Exactly. Step by Step.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    Brio:

Okay I cut the bangs last evening. Just pull a triangular section taught to about my nose & cut at an angle. I'm sure it's not perfectly straight but oh well.

Then today I used Revolon colorstay in plain old "medium brown". I only left it on about 10-15 instead of the recommended 25 because my hair is VERY porous. I dried my bangs & top, then highlighted w/ "styliste" (Loreal I think) in the toffee color for medium to dark brown hair. I used the skinny brush & did about 6 strands all through the bang area. LEft on the whole 30 mins.

Wha la! ;) HTH,
    Kim
    p.s. DH came home & loves it!
    Brio:

Okay I cut the bangs last evening. Just pull a triangular section taught to about my nose & cut at an angle. I'm sure it's not perfectly straight but oh well.

Then today I used Revolon colorstay in plain old "medium brown". I only left it on about 10-15 instead of the recommended 25 because my hair is VERY porous. I dried my bangs & top, then highlighted w/ "styliste" (Loreal I think) in the toffee color for medium to dark brown hair. I used the skinny brush & did about 6 strands all through the bang area. LEft on the whole 30 mins.

Wha la! ;) HTH,
    Kim
    p.s. DH came home & loves it!
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    WOW! :D Your hair is amazing! I really love the color and the bangs. And those highlights are absolutely PERFECT! I just love it so much and you look really good in it!
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Posts: 447Registered Users
    It looks really pretty!
    3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.
  • cayseecaysee Posts: 89Registered Users
    Wow it looks great. I love the cut with the bangs. The color looks great on you. You are just beautiful!
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    Looks good. I think I like the dark better than the blond. Cute cut too. Like the length. It is kinda what I usually have I think.
    Love the bangs too. How did you get them cut? Are they all one length or angled or?

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Love it!! :D
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I think that it is impossible for you to have bad hair! :twisted:

It looks great!
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,235Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    The color suits you beautifully and the highlights are great. Good job!
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • AnotherSunnyDayAnotherSunnyDay Posts: 94Registered Users
    Really pretty :)

Do you have to straighten your bangs or can you get them to do that on their own? I want side swept bangs but I think I might be too lazy to make em look good :P
  • rushirb55rushirb55 Posts: 146Registered Users
    I love the color on you. It looks great like I thought it would. :)
    2C-3A??? Currently using Curly Q Milkshake, 3-minute Aussie Miracle, using non-sulphate shampoos, MopTop Pomade, Boots curl creme, always looking for that next miracle product for my hair! My PJ is never satisfied.
  • pitgirlpitgirl Posts: 162Registered Users
    Absolutely amazing, can you imagine if we all tried to do our perfect colour/cut ourselves? :shock:

Kim should become a curly hairdresser on the side me thinks.... id pay!

As usual Kim you've surpassed yourself again, well done you look sooo gorgeous x
    3a Redhead
    Umberto Giannini & Curls Rock Amp
    Fotki pw: curls

.png

.png
    Anothersunnyday: It's been very easy. I just comb them over to the side & squirt a little hairspray on it. Then I just diffuse them dry - kinda using my fingers to guide them to the side :) HTH!

Kim
  • joyajoya Posts: 199Registered Users
    Holy cow-that is stunning :P ! And agree with everyone about the bangs!!
    Now I want bangs. How do you style/keep them like that?
    Do you cut your own hair?????
    Joya: see my post above yours :)
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    It looks great! I did like the blonde, but I have always thought the darker colors look better on you and make your beautiful eyes pop! :D You did a great job!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • IwantcurlyhairIwantcurlyhair Posts: 338Registered Users
    Just when I thought your hair couldn't look any better...WOW! You look amazing! I love that color on you and the highlights look gorgeous too. The cut and style of your hair are both awesome. When are you going to open your own salon?
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    Beautiful! Your bangs fall PERFECTLY! I can't believe you did that youself :)
  • MMWMMW Posts: 557Registered Users
    Wow, your hair is awesome! So pretty!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Love the darker color with toffee highlights!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.