CurlTalk

2012 Secret Curly Thank Yous!!

missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
Since we have a few boxes out there winding their way to a Secret Curly Giftee I figured why not start the thread!
Southern Colorado Curly
Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair

Comments

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    Santa is going to be busy soon! I can't wait to see fun things pop up in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    So EXCITED!!!

I can't wait to see/hear what everyone got!!! Hopefully all posts come with pictures!!!

Yippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    Yes, pictures should be mandatory! ;) :D I can't wait either!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I just got my present-from KayB!

Sorry for the size. I can never figure out how to resize pictures and get the resized photo to stay when I post them. It's an electric kettle. It'll come in handy. Thank you!!!photobucket-47711-1354988417794.jpg
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,238Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Yay! Presents are arriving!! Everyone start checking your mailboxes and porches and patios!
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    yee haw!!!!!

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    LadyV69 wrote: »

Sorry for the size. I can never figure out how to resize pictures and get the resized photo to stay when I post them. It's an electric kettle. It'll come in handy. Thank you!!!photobucket-47711-1354988417794.jpg

KKKKK, Lady V, open it!!!!!! What's inside is much more fun, I promise.

ETA: Since when does things get to the U.S. in a week? That post office is *effective*
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
    kayb wrote: »

ETA: Since when does things get to the U.S. in a week? That post office is *effective*

It's not a kettle?
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    considering that our Lady V was the last person who got her gift the last time i organized, i am *thrilled* that she's first this time!

My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

kayb wrote: »

It's not a kettle?

Nope :)

But it's still early enough for me to get you a kettle :thumbleft:
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
    if my giftee goes by the box, she's going to think she's getting a telephone headset!

:laughing1:

i'm one of those people who uses whatever box she has on hand that fits everything to send stuff.

My blog:

I had to beg my programme coordinator for a box because I couldn't find any on campus, and that's all he had. I'm happy the distraction worked. :angel12:
    "
    Oops. Spoke too soon. Here's what I really got:

A postcard100_2341.jpg

A book called "Passing Through" which seems interesting. I'll start it today or tomorrow. 100_2340.jpg

An ornament with the colors of the Jamaican flag 100_2339.jpg

This picture didn't come out too well but it's a key chain that says "I Love Jamaica"
    100_2338.jpg

Another key chain100_2337.jpg

A rasta magnet 100_2336.jpg

Cool earrings100_2335.jpg

Tamarind balls!100_2334.jpg

Last but not least, this cute doll
    100_2332.jpg

Thanks again!

We got home this evening and there were two packages at the door and I got so excited!! Alas, they were not my secret curly gift so I shall continue to stalk my mailbox. :D (They were still packages for me though so all is not lost. haha)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    Absolutely wonderful!

I love this thread! :love:

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

I'm so excited!!!

I can hardly breath!!! I got my present!!

Oh Rou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm only through half the paper cover!

christmasgifty.jpg

Oh my word, I'm dying right now! :bounce:

YAY for peeeeektures!! Yay Minxy!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I wanted to play.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    I just hit the Curly Gift Exchange JACKPOT! :headbang:

xmas1xy.jpg

Here it is all spread out:
    xmas9.jpg

And here it is one at a time:
    xmas2s.jpg Awesome Christmas socks! Santa's hat is sparkly red!!
    xmas3r.jpg For my beading!!! I'm so so excited! I've been avoiding working on it because I'm out of clasps! Now I can begin again at projects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xmas4.jpg Beautiful pendant for my beading. And she put a wonderful little label on it to remind me that I'm a star to her. *love*
    xmas6.jpg Thread for my beading. I'm seriously geeking out I'm so happy over here!!!
    xmas5y.jpg I love shoes and glittery stickers. They fit me and can't wait to use them.
    xmas8.jpg The colors are: cocomotion (top), copperized free (left), and old gold (right). Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xmas11k.jpg Nail polish in exactly the glitter I wanted! I can't wait to do my christmas snow nails with the silver glitter!!!!!!!!!!
    xmas13.jpg An absolutely gorgeous ornament in my favorite colors.
    xmas12o.jpg And of course the wine! I'm so excited. I love dessert wine. And with brandy?! I had a wine once at a Christmas once that was so old that wo-workers said it was close to brandy. It was so good. I can't wait to drink it! Wish I could have it at lunch.... But I can't be drunk at work. The Mormons here would revolt.
    xmas10t.jpg And this card that had a wonderfully sweet and touching message inside for me.

Rou, you totally out-did yourself! I can't stop smiling. Thank you for making the start of my week so wonderful. I don't think I've been this happy in A LONG WHILE.

Oh I am loving all the pics!!!
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    A very well deserved assortment of goodies for the fabulous minxy!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my minxy girl, i am SO glad that you love everything!

:love5:

i couldn't believe my eyes last night when i was lying in my hotel bed looking at my tablet and saw that you got it already - in less than a week!

wow!

now i'm feeling xmas-y!

:reindeer:
    My blog:

I think my gift is here! My lovely mailman brought it to my office so it wouldn't sit out on my porch all day. I don't know most NCers real names but I'm not expecting a package of this size or from VA so I'm guessing it's from my Secret Curly Santa Girl!!
    I'm not opening it til tonite in the comfort of my own quiet house. Ohhh the excitement!!
    I've had no updates on my own package in a few days but it's in the area and should be very very close!
    I think my gift is here! My lovely mailman brought it to my office so it wouldn't sit out on my porch all day. I don't know most NCers real names but I'm not expecting a package of this size or from VA so I'm guessing it's from my Secret Curly Santa Girl!!
    I'm not opening it til tonite in the comfort of my own quiet house. Ohhh the excitement!!

Hurry, hurry!
    "
    Ohmygoshhowareyouwaiting!!!!!! :lol:

YAY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And is anyone else making guesses on who it might be with the one clue that it's from VA?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote: »
    Ohmygoshhowareyouwaiting!!!!!! :lol:

YAY!

^^^ THIS!!!!!!!! :blob2:
    i'd probably be like springy - ripping the darn thing open before i got home!

:laughing1:
    My blog: