CurlTalk

What's your winter hair routine?

ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users
What do you do differently in the winter season? More DC, PT, HOT, baggying, glycerin, nothing? Describe your regular hair care session on wash day (products, methods, etc.)?

Oh & daily moisture? Do you do anything special?

These are my curlfessions
:nike:About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids

Comments

• ricotdorothyricotdorothy Posts: 436Registered Users
    So far its been richer products, glycerin and co washing. By the time I tried to up my DC'S to twice a week my hair was already sooooooft. :afro::afro::love5:
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL
    ~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WL [/FONT]

You never stop learning... :color:
  • puppitypuppuppitypup Posts: 115Registered Users
    More deep conditioning (often combined with an oil such as apricot kernel oil) and more hot oil treatments using a blend of oils. As for my daily routine, I use coconut oil and apricot oil to seal instead of one oil. :) and less protein treatments. Also, more hats are worn when going outside for long periods of time
    3C, fine/med texture, normal porosity, high elasticity, very defined spiral

Holy Grail Products: TRESemme Naturals conditioner, my mango/shea butter mixture, Apricot Kernel Oil, Coconut Oil, EVOO & Cantu Shea Butter

Check out my blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fricciolina.wordpress.com" class="Popup
  • cocodejcocodej Posts: 1,182Registered Users
    I switch out all of my humectant-rich products. So if glycerine, honey, etc. is up high I try to switch it out. I also hide my hair more - more beanies/hats get worn as a "style".
    James Baldwin
    A Talk To Teachers
    [...]
    one of the paradoxes of education [is] that precisely at the point when you begin to develop a conscience, you must find yourself at war with your society. It is your responsibility to change society
    [...]
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users
    This is great stuff. I need more glycerin & a good DC or pt. My ends are thin too. I line by coconut oil but I'm going to look into kernel oil.

• ricotdorothyricotdorothy Posts: 436Registered Users
    Coconut oils is great but castor oil seals all that good stuff in :bunny::bunny:.
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL
    ~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WL [/FONT]

You never stop learning... :color:
  • curlyberrycurlyberry Posts: 549Registered Users
    Whenever I'm in the Texas pan-handle I have to avoid using humectants since it's ALWAYS dry up here. But for the winter, I try to DC once a week and keep my hair in twists.
    Type 4, fine/high density, high porosity
    Last Relaxer - March '11
    BC - August '11

Fall/Winter PRODUCTS

Clarifier - Paul Mitchell Three Low-poos - BoBeam Conditioners - TJ Nourish Spa, CJRM!, Co-Wash - N/A, Leave-Ins - N/A, Moisturizers - Afroveda Coco Latte, QBCTDG, CR Moisture Butter, Sealants/Stylers - Any BASK butters and creams, Jane Carter N&S, QBATB
  • dxwashdxwash Posts: 245Registered Users
    I try to stay away from Glycerin and I add castor oil to my favorite oil mix and I use a heavier leave in conditioner

But I still wash and DT once a week and co wash 2 -3 times per week. Always use a leave in followed my oil mix and styler.
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users
    I can use a product with glycerin low on the ingredient list. But castor oil is too heavy for me to seal with. I tried that last winter & it didn't work. I need a trim & some consistency with my routine.

As of last week it will consist of
    DC/PT/HOT in rotation
    ACV rinse
    Shampoo
    Condition
    Curlformers
    Daily sealing with nothing but curl sealer