CurlTalk

60 Day Juice Fast?

sakiohmasakiohma Posts: 104Registered Users
I learned about this from a natural hair video on Youtube and her video mentioned the "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" documentary, so I decided to watch that too.

Some people laughed at it and said it was completely stupid, but I guess certain things work for certain people. I'm interested in trying this whole juice fast thing, but mine will be a bit modified. Mainly to lose weight and to train my taste buds into loving healthy foods, but also just as an experiment to see if I can do it. Of course, first, I don't think I'll start out with 60 days though.

Does anyone else want to try? I plan on buying a good juicer or a blender.
TYPE 4 FINE/COARSE LOW POROSITY HIGH DENSITY
TRANSITIONED: Since Dec 23, 2010 (I think...)
BC DATE: July 23, 2013 (about 31 months)
7/23/13 :: SL
1/9/14 :: CBL
5/13/14 :: APL

I :love1:Shea Moisture, Nubian Heritage, Camille Rose!

Comments

• NvmbrCurlssNvmbrCurlss Posts: 732Registered Users
    I hear this was huge in the 80's following the massive aerobics outbreak! :) Take it easy when dieting and best luck to u! (This DOES sound refreshing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
    LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
    NoP: As I Am CC
    RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
    LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    I juiced before using the guidelines of the fat sick nearly dead website. My minimum was only 3 days (I'm vegan) but I kept going until I ran out of produce(5 or 6 days). It was pretty cool. First 3 days WERE THE WORST. After that everything smoothed out. I noticed though that I felt like this flim/chalky sensation on my face. I guess it was literally the gross stuff was coming out my pores. I would love to do one again but my juicer is in Georgia!!!! I may buy a cheapie. This year I am saying bye bye to all processed foods and refined sugars so I would like to detox because of that. Good luck
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!