December hit's & misses

2»

Comments

• naturalyogininaturalyogini Registered Users Posts: 430
    Miss:
    Botanical Spirits Herb'exture mud mask,detangling rinse and purifying shampoo. Rinse did not have enough moisture and slip for my ultra dry hair. The shampoo was too harsh for me. The Mud mask is just too messy. Not a repurchase.
    Hit: using Darcy's botanicals pumpkin seed conditioner as a leave in. My hair is soft and manageable. The only thing that I don't like is there is a little bit of residue, but otherwise I had great result.
  • kurlygurlykurlygurly Registered Users Posts: 644
    Miss: Ecostyler Olive oil....to heavy for me. I like liquidy gels. This dried my hair....my hair doesn't like too much protein.
    Also miss: KCKT....it smells great but nothing special...at all. I'm trying to figure out what exactly it smells like... I used to have a product that smelled just like this when I was younger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
    Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
    Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
    LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
    STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
    hemp oil, jojoba oil
    www.naturesnectars.net
  • curlyberrycurlyberry Registered Users Posts: 549
    Hit: Entwine C. Creme Jelle Styler + Creme de la Mold = nice finger coiling!

Miss: Kyrah's Ultimate Indulgence mango moisturizer. Didn't really do anything for my hair. Also the scent is waaay to strong and perfume-y.
    Type 4, fine/high density, high porosity
    Last Relaxer - March '11
    BC - August '11

Fall/Winter PRODUCTS

Clarifier - Paul Mitchell Three Low-poos - BoBeam Conditioners - TJ Nourish Spa, CJRM!, Co-Wash - N/A, Leave-Ins - N/A, Moisturizers - Afroveda Coco Latte, QBCTDG, CR Moisture Butter, Sealants/Stylers - Any BASK butters and creams, Jane Carter N&S, QBATB
  • SistapopdemcurlSistapopdemcurl Registered Users Posts: 225
    Hit: using Darcy's botanicals pumpkin seed conditioner as a leave in. My hair is soft and manageable. The only thing that I don't like is there is a little bit of residue, but otherwise I had great result.

I didn't see any residue today. It probably needs to be applied on soaking wet hair.
  • ReekyReeky Registered Users Posts: 1,323
    Hit: pure cocoa butter(blended w oils) .. though its finicky as hell to work with, all of my successful mixes have worked great on the hair and body. Its heavy, but not greasy.. And on the hair adds shine! Only downside is ive had to tweak the mixes so many times i still dont have a set recipe to remake. So i gotta experiment more..

Not a total miss, but not a repurchase: "Whipped Body Goods" brand products. I followed the owner on her personal twitter before she started the business, thought id give the products a try.
    How can i best describe it? Her butter blending skills are mediocre. I personally can do better and always use my skills to judge a product, if I cant make it.. Its worth my money.

First the lip butter is probably the best product ive tried. It has a good concept and really nice feel, but she used regular fragrance oil and not FLAVOR oil, so it has a bitter taste & I cannot use it

The Body & hair butters are nothing short of naptural85's whipped shea recipe, with fragrance added. Yes theyre thick and very whipped, but theyre lumpy (because she didnt melt it) and hard to spread on the body and hair. The hair butter is so thick it actually caused breakage on my fine hair when applying it, makes a great pomade for the edges though.
    Also, the smell of the shea butter is stronger than the fragrance oil.. Which I cannot be bothered with.

Overall they make ur skin and hair soft, which is why shes had such success.. But a basic homemade shea blend will do the same. I aint gon knock her hustle, the brand is cute but just a warning to you ladies on here.. This is very basic, and if youre a mixtress stay away.
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
    Hit

Perfect Results Curl & Twist Definer

I bought this in the summer and finally got around to using it. Lovely, nice , thick and does what it says. I would repurchase again
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Registered Users Posts: 717
    Miss: Hennasooq's shipping. I ordered some stuff for Black Friday and they haven't even shipped it yet! I mean, did she start growing the henna the day I ordered it?! Ugh
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    Miss: Hennasooq's shipping. I ordered some stuff for Black Friday and they haven't even shipped it yet! I mean, did she start growing the henna the day I ordered it?! Ugh

Wow my stuff has always come super quick. But I have never ordered during a sale.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • ricotdorothyricotdorothy Registered Users Posts: 436
    Hit: Millcreek Botanicals Henna Keratin Conditioner!!!!!

I tried this stuff a while back but I only used it twice before chucking it due to hard hair and slight color change on my edges. Now that I'm using it properly, deep conditioning with moisture after I use it, IT. IS. BOMB. It yields strong pliable manageable hair which is resistant to frizz and breakage. (That is worth some red strands here and there to me)

My hair needed and missed this stuff, I'm happy its back! :happy4:
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL
    ~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WL [/FONT]

You never stop learning... :color:
  • lady_mlady_m Registered Users Posts: 254
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    Another major hit: Shescentit Moisture Rich mask.
    This thing literally melts in your hair as soon as you apply it. Works very similar as curl junkie rehab but even better. The latter was a staple for me. I think after some further experimenting I might stick with shescentit. The prices are lower, better sales and the products work the same...if not better.

Must try this! Thanks for the review Rust :)
    Hit: revisiting the Aubrey Organics Island Naturals conditioner. Used it as a DC because of how thick is is. I can proudly say my hair was very happy with me. This is the softest my hair as ever felt.
    Last Relaxer - March '11
    BC - August '11

Fall/Winter PRODUCTS

Clarifier - Paul Mitchell Three Low-poos - BoBeam Conditioners - TJ Nourish Spa, CJRM!, Co-Wash - N/A, Leave-Ins - N/A, Moisturizers - Afroveda Coco Latte, QBCTDG, CR Moisture Butter, Sealants/Stylers - Any BASK butters and creams, Jane Carter N&S, QBATB
    Another Hit:

Used the BASK Palm Tapioca and the QBATB for this perm rod/two-strand twist last night. Finally took them out this morning with the hair bling and the soft n' shiny results are below!

Now I just gotta fluff it up for mass tonight~
    Last Relaxer - March '11
    BC - August '11

Fall/Winter PRODUCTS

• lady_mlady_m Registered Users Posts: 254
    curlyberry wrote: »
    Another Hit:

Used the BASK Palm Tapioca and the QBATB for this perm rod/two-strand twist last night. Finally took them out this morning with the hair bling and the soft n' shiny results are below!

Very Nice!!!!! I just bought the hair bling can't wait to try it ;)
  • honeysweet20honeysweet20 Registered Users Posts: 362 Curl Novice
    Another Hit:

close up is very beautiful
    Miss: Not styling my hair for days, like 2 weeks
    Hit: At least wearing a satin scarf during this time.
    prepoo with Suave Everlasting Sunshine sunshine. Love this stuff
    lady_m wrote: »
    Another Hit:

Very Nice!!!!! I just bought the hair bling can't wait to try it ;)
    Another Hit:

close up is very beautiful

Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to last after today lol. Time for a wash!
    Last Relaxer - March '11
    BC - August '11

Fall/Winter PRODUCTS

• naturalyogininaturalyogini Registered Users Posts: 430
    Major Miss:

Komazacare Aloe my hair spray moisturizer, lotion and hair cream. These products did absolutely nothing for my hair. No moisture, not enough slip and no detangling properties at all. The description of the cream says it is thick. Not true. I was expecting something along the lines of QBBRC in thickness. The cream is a very light soupy product. The description for the hair spray said it was thick also. Not true. It is a watery milky product.

The scent is also too strong for me. Total bust. Giving these away.

Organix Awapuhi Ginger Instant Recovery Mask

Misses:

Matrix Total Results Moisture Conditioner
    Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer
    http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
    Hit: Curl Junkie Argan and olive oil daily conditioner. Seriously does leave your hair lush.

Neutral: Curl Junkie Honey butta, it is good for setting twists, good/okay as a moisturizer, definitely leaves my hair shiny...I don't know...I can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't suit me, maybe its the beeswax/dimethicone combo in it? It has a a lot of good ingredients, but I think its too thick and waxy for me. I will finish it since it isn't a bad product but it is not a repurchase either.

Hit: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, the smell, oh my god the smell, YUM. It is also rich yet light upon application. Not a repurchase since I can get the dew in a larger size and therefore more reasonable price.

Hit: Oil rinsing with coconut oil. This was easy and amazingly effective. My new midweek cleansing routine for sure.

Hit: Making an olive honey hair balm. I use it with every deep condition. Absolutely amazing, my hair looooves honey. My hair has never looked better.:smilebox:
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL

• myhairDOTcommyhairDOTcom Registered Users Posts: 123
    Hit: Pura Body Naturals Hair Sapote....used tow moisturize my multiday day hair whether as a wng or twist out. Soft, shiny curls either way.

Hit: Pura Body Naturals Capaucu Butter....light and shiny hair following sealing with this. Works well on my damp or dry hair and my hair soaks it up so it's not greasy at all. LOVE!

Hit: As I Am Twist Defining Cream...The first time I used this on soaking wet hair, I air died overnight. Big mistake! It was a tacky hot mess the next day but I did see the potential because the parts that did dry completely were shiny and defined. I gave it another shot, using it on soaking wet hair again, but this time I sat under the dryer. It turned out fantastic! It rained today all day so I was worried, especially since glycerin is so high on the list, but it worked out wonderfully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My hair: thick, medium/coarse, high porosity in the crown naturally, normal porosity everywhere else.

Currently using...
    Poo: Any sulfate free or low sulfate poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: Camille Rose Moisture Milk
    DC: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea DC
    Stylers: Xtreme Wetline gel
    Oils: EVCO
    Moisturizer: Oyin Hair Dew/watered down CR Moisture Milk
    Sealant: Oyin pomades or JC Nourish and Shine
    MISS: so visiting fam and saw Carol's Daughter Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer and it is the greasiest thing ever(first impression)! arghh, how would one use this? yuck! And that anitbacterial lemon zesty tart scent. why? And it doesn't even absorb into hair.
  • curlymuffincurlymuffin Registered Users Posts: 29
    HIT: Terressentials Mud Wash. I may be late on this one, but I love it!

Another Hit: Doing a twist-n-curl with my flexirods. They came out so purty!

MISS: For some reason, using JBCO in my deep conditioner. Normally my hair loves it; this last time…not so much. I was walking around with an oil slick on my head.
    Just a Lurker...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :love7:
  • SistapopdemcurlSistapopdemcurl Registered Users Posts: 225
    Hit: Curl Rehab from Curl Junkie. My hair felt smooth, silky, and soft. Also, my curls were popping.

Neutral: I did some mini twist. Not sure if they turned out that well, but it was worth a try.
    Hit:
    Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree detangling Ghee- I finally cut open the bottle to use it. It is great as a detangler and moisturizer on dry hair. It does not play well with wet hair, but it is amazing on dry hair.:toothy4:

Hit:
    The CG method, my hair has truly transformed. The curl clumping is off the charts and my hair stays shiny and moisturized. This is truly amazing.:happy7:
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL

• adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    MISS: so visiting fam and saw Carol's Daughter Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer and it is the greasiest thing ever(first impression)! arghh, how would one use this? yuck! And that anitbacterial lemon zesty tart scent. why? And it doesn't even absorb into hair.

I tried so hard to like CD hair milk but all I got was dry greasy hair. I ended up giving some to my cousin.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    Hit/HG alert: Darcy's Botanicals pumpkin seed conditioner. This is my new leave in. it leaves Oyin Hair dew in the dust.:love5::afro:
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL

• sullidaysulliday Registered Users Posts: 25
    Massive misses: elasta qp olive oil and mango butter leave in conditioner and elasta qp olive oil and mango butter growth moisturizer

elasta qp olive oil and mango butter leave in conditioner, the jar claims that this could be doubled up a moisturizer. My first thought was that this was too thin for my natural hair to be used as a daily moisturizer. The texture is thin, not watery but more like a light cream.

Elasta qp olive oil and mango butter growth moisturizer is like the standard hair lotion in consistency.

I washed my hair, used the leave in conditioner then the growth moisturizer, sealed with castor oil and twisted my hair up. I allowed my hair to air dry in jumbo twists. The next day I took a twist down and immediately didn't like how my hair felt. It was dry and stiff. It was like I didn't use anything on my hair after washing it the day before.

I wanted to give both products another shot before calling it a failure. I reapplied the leave in and the moisturizer and sealed again with castor oil and it was still dry. Both are misses and didn't moisturized one bit.

Generally elasta qp products are hits and misses for me. The creme conditioning shampoo and the intense conditioner are two staple products. I had high hopes, the ingredients were decent, good price point and can be found locally. I believe both products would work better on thinner or finer hair types. My hair is thick and coarse and prefer heavier moisturizers. These were too light.
  • kurlygurlykurlygurly Registered Users Posts: 644
    Hits: Heritage Store rose water....makes my hair so soft and gives me great hydration.
    Nature's Gate conditioner pomegranate sunflower....got it cheap...Love the scent....thick and moisturizing.
    I turned a few of my misses into hits:

Previously a miss but now As I Am hydration elation used as a hairline smoother...works well. Won't repurchase since I'm going all natural.
    Another previous miss: GVP conditioning balm..works WONDERFUL as a cowash. Another product I won't be repurchasing since it's not all natural.

Pure vegetable glycerin: didn't love it or hate it, just not needed for my hair, maybe I'll try it on my skin.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
    Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
    Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
    LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
    STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
    hemp oil, jojoba oil
    www.naturesnectars.net

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file