CurlTalk

Period accidents

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
When's the last time you had one?

Me? Um, Friday. :(
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,251Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Today. Luckily I was home. Ugh.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    oMG. at a concert. I had a spot on my shorts..luckily it was dark and my shorts were dark and it was between my thighs so no one could see because my thighs are so mighty that they never separate....ummmm but I changed anyway because it was "cold" later that evening. Still embarrassing although no one saw.

like weekend of Halloween * forgot to add the date.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users
    Other than spotting on underwear? I don't think I ever have.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    don't have them. i track my period so it's never a surprise, comes like clockwork. i wear the diva cup so i don't have leaks, except at night when the seal wasn't good and i think laying on my back but even then it wasn't an accident really.

was your accident due to not knowing girlfriend had arrived or from inadequate protection?
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Last week. Several times. They weren't really "accidents"...more like hemorrhages that couldn't be contained.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Never again! (sort of)

I had only one really terrible one and I was a freshman in high school. OMG. It was like I had been violently dismembered.

• EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    OMG this is sooo annoying! The last time was this summer I was at an amusement park and wham! I was so miserable the rest of the day.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    Not sure if it's because the tubal ligation I had after csection a year ago , or because I'm older/premenopausal , but they are really heavy now and like rcw said, out of control.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    Just a spot last month, first "accident" in literally years.

When I first started menstruating I was in denial, so I had accidents every time I got my period. I learned how to hide them early (legs tightly closed, long or large jacket at waist). I literally went home from school once a month every month in middle school (I started menstruating at the end of 4th grade but didn't have regular periods until 6th grade). But I've been tracking since the 8th grade, so very few accidents since then. My period, too, comes like clockwork these days.

Speaking of periods, anyone know of a period tracking app for Blackberry Playbook?

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    It has been a very long time since I have had an accident in public.

I will wake up from a sound sleep a few min before girlfriend makes her grand entrance. I have time to cue the lights and music and all that, so that is never the issue.

My accidents happen when I am at home. It is laundry day, and I am wearing ill fitting underoo's. It happens every time.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    don't have them. i track my period so it's never a surprise, comes like clockwork. i wear the diva cup so i don't have leaks, except at night when the seal wasn't good and i think laying on my back but even then it wasn't an accident really.

was your accident due to not knowing girlfriend had arrived or from inadequate protection?

Inadequate protection. Girlfriend has gotten very heavy over the last year. If I go more than 3 hours, even using the ultra absorbency Im in trouble...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Yesterday morning right as I got up. I usually only get them on the first day when I do have one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Posts: 1,294Registered Users
    Ugh, a couple of months ago.

I woke up in a small pool of blood.

I had been having an unusually heavy period, and even on day 4 with Super Plus and a panty liner (I don't keep pads around because I never need them!), I wasn't able to avoid an overnight accident :sad5:

I was really embarrassed. It had been about 15 years since I'd had an accident like that.
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    In october. My periods have been crazy heavy over the past few months. I was at work and luckily had a sweat shirt on hand to hide the stain. i have had to bring extra pants to work its gotten so bad.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    My periods were relatively light when I was on the pill, so I haven't had accidents recently. The last time that I remember having one was around 6 years ago, before I went on BC. My period was heavier than usual one time and I'd practically hemorrhaged when I was at work. I had on purple pants, so it wasn't too noticeable unless you really looked up close, but I was embarrassed nonetheless. I had to wear a sweater tied around my waist for half the day.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • tnaturaltnatural Posts: 362Registered Users
    Probably about every period I've had for the last eight months. Not because I don't know when they are coming (I track everything). But because my periods have gotten extremely heavy. I used to go only 3-4 days an wore ultra thins pads. Now they are lasting about 2 weeks and I am wearing long super duper pads that feel like diapers. It still manages to break through the back even though I wear super absorbent pads. Luckily I was either at home when it happened or I wore dark clothes and no one saw it.
    Last texturizer-9/18/08
    BC-12/30/09

event.png
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users

Inadequate protection. Girlfriend has gotten very heavy over the last year. If I go more than 3 hours, even using the ultra absorbency Im in trouble...

are you a diva cup user? i can't recall who is and who isn't. it holds a lot of fluid and some believed it decreased the flow (not sure).

there's a supplement called DIM (look it up). one of the things it's supposed to do is regulate hormones. it might have an impact on your heavy flow. it's good for other things too but look it up for yourself.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I use a diva cup, with 2 super-plus tampons tucked inside the cup, while also wearing 3 heavy-duty cloth pads. And I STILL couldn't go more than 2 hours. I couldn't leave the house. It was frigging scary. But, it was over in 3 days, so I didn't die.
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    Sounds familiar! Thank goodness that's behind me now.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Last accident or last period?

June 12, 2006. I haven't had a period in 6 years.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users

are you a diva cup user? i can't recall who is and who isn't. it holds a lot of fluid and some believed it decreased the flow (not sure).

there's a supplement called DIM (look it up). one of the things it's supposed to do is regulate hormones. it might have an impact on your heavy flow. it's good for other things too but look it up for yourself.
    I tried a Diva cup but couldn't get the hang of it.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    The day after my birthday, Nov. 18.

I woke up to a crime scene.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • divegirldivegirl Posts: 1,286Registered Users
    My last period :( I was running a 5K and didn't find a bathroom soon enough after the race.

My period has become ridiculously heavy in the past couple of years. The first day and a half, I go through a super plus tampon every hour. I can use the Diva cup after the first day or so but it leaks if I try to use it too early in my cycle. I think my cervix sits low during the first day or two and takes up space in the cup.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    At work a couple years ago. Luckily I was wearing a very long top that came down to my thighs and hid the damage! Ugh! I've used the Diva Cup for years but very rarely I have a mishap.
    ehLB.jpg
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    At home, during the night a few times, I've leaked through to my pjs and sheets but it's been years and when I didnt wear overnight pads. My flow has gotten much much lighter and I've started wearing tampons anyways esp on heavy days.

Okay now I remember once I did in public. It was 13 years ago at a job. I took off my jacket, and wrapped it around my waist. Then I went to the mall wich was 5 mins away and bought some khakis from Macys. Back then I didnt get cramps so I never knew it was coming. Now i feel it at least 5-10 mins before it comes down and then it's really light the first day.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Last month. My periods have gotten heavier since I went off the pill and got an IUD. My Diva cup can't always keep up.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • fefe912fefe912 Posts: 570Registered Users
    It's been yrs, my periods are regular now so I know when to expect them and how heavy or light they'll be on whatever days thank goodness because I remember way back when I was in the 8th grade and I had an overflow accident in my last class of the day, the bell rang for us to leave and board the buses and when I saw the blood on my seat I quickly sat down and refused to move. The whole period thing was still new to me so I was embarassed on top of that I had a male teacher who came up to me when he saw me sitting there and proceeded to ask me what was wrong I could barely answer and just started crying and then one of my female teachers came in and I finally told her and she helped me out and we got everything situated. I ended up missing the bus though, luckily one of my other teachers lived down the road from me so she called to get permission to take me home.
  • GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    Well...I was like click work too...completely unable to contain but regular. Now I'm on two forms of birth control so I'm not supposed to bleed...so it's always an accident. Completely sporadic and I can't plan it anymore cause I'm not supposed to have it. Just had an accident last Thursday...right after I put new NuvaRing in...what a joke! Lol

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Only once back when I was in middle school. It was lucky I left school early because I had been coughing too much and asked to leave to see a doctor, so I imagine it happened at some point between the doctor's and getting home. But I did take a bus. :sad8:
  • anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Posts: 659Registered Users
    September 2007. Last period, period!