We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Ugly Sweater Christmas Party

JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I'm really excited to go to one. It's actually a happy hour with my former coworkers(who I love) and having an xrated white elephant gift xchange.

So my plan is to go to goodwill to find a sweater and then make a really tacky skirt, wear tacky tights, and maybe something in my hair.

Has anyone been, any ideas?

Comments

• SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I give you my Boss's ugly Christmas Sweater from last year. It was fabu, had christmas lights, ornaments as well as the stuffed animals. On the back, he took on of those plastic beaded necklaces (kind of like mardis gras beads, but the kind you buy for little girls to play with) and sewed the word "Ho". Not Ho Ho Ho. Purposefully "Ho".

Boss Ugly Sweater.jpg

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,556Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Josephine wrote: »
    ... something in my hair.

Has anyone been, any ideas?

reindeer antlers headband!

or one of these:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.partycity.com%2Fproduct%2Fmistletoe%2Bheadband%2B13in.do" class="Popup

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you can't find a sweater at Goodwill, you can make your own with a plain green or red sweater, a glue gun and a bunch of Christmas crap. I only say that because they're so popular that they're getting harder to find.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • SpiralSpunkSpiralSpunk Posts: 243Registered Users
    I give you my Boss's ugly Christmas Sweater from last year. It was fabu, had christmas lights, ornaments as well as the stuffed animals. On the back, he took on of those plastic beaded necklaces (kind of like mardis gras beads, but the kind you buy for little girls to play with) and sewed the word "Ho". Not Ho Ho Ho. Purposefully "Ho".

Boss Ugly Sweater.jpg

That is fabulously ugly lol
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    You must seek out a Cosby sweater wrought in tinsel thread and bedecked with plastic jewels.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    ugly-christmas-sweater-party.jpg

You so need this one! Lovely. :)
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Man that last sweater made my eyes hurt! I want to get tacky christmas tights too..so far it's just the peppermint ones I see.
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    Things are being taken too far, it's now available in lawn inflatable form:

086786860748lg.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    LOL, i might get the antlers or some headband.

I actually already have ugly xmas socks but I'm not going to just wear socks with a skirt and with pants you cant see them well enought.
    Found the perfect gift for our xrated white elephant gift xchange -

(not sure if I'll get this one exactly)

Mr. Clucker Chicken Willy Warmer Peter Heater **** Sock on eBay!
    Can you make a skirt out of a cheap Christmas table cloth? Or out of a tree skirt?
    Speckla wrote: »

Haha yea I saw that! Yea I think I'm going to get some cheap fabric and make a skirt.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    You must seek out a Cosby sweater wrought in tinsel thread and bedecked with plastic jewels.

The Coogi sweater runs about $200! My brother wore one on Thanksgiving, but he's quirky like that.
    /\ those are radical sweaters! Oh how I wish I had one...not!

Those remind me of the sweaters and sweatshirts my mother-in-law used to get me at Christmas. I think it finally sunk it that I didn't like them because I never wore them.

I like solid colors. My winter staples are tunic (long or short sleeve), sweater dresses, skinny jeans, and boots! No skiing teddys on ice for me! :director:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file