CurlTalk

What do people compliment you on a lot?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
It could be a personality trait, professional ability, physical feature, whatever...

For me, it's my eyebrows. Men, women and children compliment them. And my eye makeup.

You?
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    My eyes or figure.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My eyes 1st, because they are light green and my personality 2nd, because I'm very outgoing, a people person, and I' m funny.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • FuzzyMonsterFuzzyMonster Posts: 259Registered Users
    My dog, whom I take everywhere because he's a service dog.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
    Mostly 2A; Fine and wavy :batman:
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Hair, intelligence and drawing skills.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    People say I'm pretty from time to time, but I always wonder where they get that from. I don't see it.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    LadyV69 wrote: »
    People say I'm pretty from time to time, but I always wonder where they get that from. I don't see it.

In the eye of the beholder. Since they see it, it is obviously there.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • ShubhoRShubhoR Posts: 107Registered Users
    Hair, height (I'm almost six feet)..well almost everyone compliments my height, only the shorter boys prefer pulling my leg by saying I'm a giant.. Talk about immature huh? Lol :D

I also get complimented on my art, nail art mostly

Sent from android curltalk app.
    HAIR TYPE -2a-b, black, mostly medium
    CO WASH, RO-HE HH and ENLEVEN and GARNIER RANGE
    CLARIFY- I use sulphate shampoos silicone free(diluted), vinegar rinses
    DC-pure coconut oil, olive oil, sometimes a SMT
    LI-aloe vera gel + castor oil
    I'm currently at BSL, aiming for waist length.I'm a very impatient person, wish me luck :D
    I love my flat iron, but I love my waves even more. :-D
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    By far my hair, sometimes eyes.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    My hair gets the most compliments, my eyes and good skin get noticed to. My clothing also. As for non-physical...my patience and seeming calmness/serenity get noticed.
  • curly66curly66 Posts: 161Registered Users
    My hair and my eyes which are hazel/green. Also, my skin. I am 46 and most people think I am younger.
    Curl Type: 3B/C thick shoulder length brunette
    Favorite Products: Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Biotera Styling Gel found @ Sally's, Trader Joe's Nourish, Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo
  • CurlyUniqueCurlyUnique Posts: 94Registered Users
    Most people compliment my hair and my clothes.
    2c/3a with some 2b-fine/coarse-iii-low porosity-normal elasticity
    [FONT=&quot]Started CG 10/16/12
    Co-Wash
    :[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Vo5 Kiwi Lime [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Conditioner:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Tresemme Naturals
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Styling Products:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] La Bella Lots of Curls gel [/FONT]
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    My hair and my smile.
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    juanab wrote: »
    LadyV69 wrote: »

In the eye of the beholder. Since they see it, it is obviously there.

I've visited your blog occasionally--I agree--you are pretty!
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    Fashion sense, booty and I am often told that I always have the right way of wording things. I take that as a compliment :)
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    smile, butt, hair, face, personality wise funny. No one has actually complimented me in a long time, I think it's because I feel ugly, and I think people can sense when you feel ugly.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    murrrcat wrote: »
    smile, butt, hair, face, personality wise funny. No one has actually complimented me in a long time, I think it's because I feel ugly, and I think people can sense when you feel ugly.

you're gorgeous dah'ling! :thumbleft:
  • WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users
    Hair, teeth and my red fancy boots!
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My strut!

• LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Eyes/Hair combo (dark hair and blue eyes)
    Smile
    Expressing myself with the written word
    Ability to compromise
    Laid back "go with the flow" attitude
  • wanderlustwanderlust Posts: 650Registered Users
    Physical features: Hair, sometimes eyes, figure (which isn't as great as I'd like it to be, but I know how to dress to hide the stuff I don't like LOL), and sometimes clothing.

Personality: Niceness, patience, diplomacy, listening skills
    Formerly ladyjag123
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    My hair
    My sense of humor
    My eyes (I was hit by green on both sides of the family)
    My work ethic and ability to handle things professionally
    My voice on the radio. I have even received compliments from people in neighboring states, which surprised me, but was incredibly nice to hear.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    My hair. I started locing my hair in April.
    My smile.
    I get told I'm pretty a lot (I cringe saying that, but it's true)
    I get told that I'm easy to get along with at work. My family and friends would completely disagree. :laughing4:
    3c/4a
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    -hair
    -feet
    -my sarcastic/dirty/freaky sense of humor
    -being organized, never being late, neatness, planning and doing things ahead of time
    -my landscaping skills
    -my ability to enjoy the simplest things
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    My hair gets complimented most often, but after that, I'd say my smile. I always thought I had pretty eyes, but then a few months ago, one of the junior high kids I volunteer with told me I have "crazy eyes." :lol: So, maybe I was wrong!? She was like "when I met you, I knew you were related to _____, because you both have crazy eyes!" Thanks?

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • nappilyevaaftanappilyevaafta Posts: 31Registered Users
    My hair and my smile...

Sent from my Huawei-U8652 using CurlTalk App
    natural 4a/4b hair
    Last relaxer: 10/01/2011
    BC'd: 08/25/2012
    Enjoying my natural hair journey!
  • fefe912fefe912 Posts: 570Registered Users
    Eyes, hair, makeup even though I keep it simple and do see what the big deal is, hands, lips. I get told I'm beautiful or pretty often, but I'm like blah because my weight is up so I think I trip about it a lot. Anyways other than that people compliment me on being very nice, sweet, creative, honest and understanding and strong.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    My eyes. They are sort of grey/green/blue.
    My smile. I like this one the most because it is usually said in a surpised voice.
    My sense of direction.
    I'm told I'm friendly and easy-going at work too. I'm SURE that, other than mom and dad, everyone else in my personal life would disagree.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    Hair
    Kids
    Sense of humor
    Knowledge of pop culture. I've had friends call me out of the blue to ask random pop culture questions that they can't think of. I almost always have the answer...lol
    Big laugh
    Generosity
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users
    I get told I'm smart and articulate a lot, also that I'm funny.

Physically I've been told I'm beautiful, and have nice eyes.

Best qualities are usually also the worst.

What some see as positives other see as too opinionated, threatening and vain. Meh.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    The compliment I get most often from men and women is that I'm "pretty"...and if my husband is with me for some reason they will direct the compliment at him and say "your wife is pretty" and he will say "thanks" and I'll just be standing there wondering why no one is talking directly to me...its a bit weird!
    I get a lot of compliments on my makeup, people always ask me if it is professionally done or where I go to get it done...I do it myself and often end up having a discussion about it and giving tips....Some of these makeup companies should really be paying me by now with the amount of business I get them.
    People have also frequently compliment my sense of humour, my eyes, my lips and my fingers...Might sound weird but apparently I have elegant hands

Sometimes people see things in you that you dont notice yourself I guess.