New and needing some help?

JayesmommyJayesmommy Posts: 29Registered Users
Hey my name Chey and I'm new around here. I've been lurking the site all week just trying to take in as much info that I can since I'm ready to start the CG method. I've been straightening my hair with a flat iron for over 5 years and I'm ready to go back natural and I have not been able to find ANYTHING for my hair. So basically I'm at square one. I'm pretty sure my type is 3b but I'm not sure what the density and porosity is. Maybe i can get some help? I have pictures that can show you how bad my hair looks when curly ... ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1353454313.282732.jpgImageUploadedByCurlTalk1353454332.599327.jpgImageUploadedByCurlTalk1353454351.883015.jpgImageUploadedByCurlTalk1353454368.748400.jpg

Comments

• bleuyteuybleuyteuy Posts: 273Registered Users
    From what I see it looks quite heat damaged. You gotta let us know what you've already tried though so we can give you suggestions.
  • JayesmommyJayesmommy Posts: 29Registered Users
    I did a little research and I think my hair is low porosity with high density. I've tried the curls line (target), and my hair was not moisturized enough, I've tried beyond the zone noodle head which left my hair too hard, the tresseme moisturizing line leaves scabs in my scalp, and suave naturals dries out my hair. So far the mane n tail line has been doing okay in my hair (I condition before I shampoo, then recondition again.) but again I've been straightening my hair (it's straight right now.) and funny enough, my hair looks fine with just blow drying and straightening. I dont know what to do anymore!
    I also have the garnier curls mousse and curl calm down and that doesn't do anything. Mouse doesn't do anything for my hair whatsoever.
    Is there anything you would recommend?
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Hi Jayesmommy!
    You might want to determine your Texture Type ... that will help you understand what products/methods will work best for you.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file