A hair story... and help :)

iriseirise Posts: 2Registered Users
I relaxed my hair for the first time when I was 7. My mother has straight hair and did not know how to deal with curly hair and everytime I saw the hair brush I ran... so my mother took me to the salon and problem solved.

I relaxed my hair until I was 19 when I went to a new stylist and she told me that I didn´t need it, that with a flat iron I could straight my hair without problems. GHD became my best friend. That was 8 years ago and two years ago I stopped using the flat iron so often, usually leaving my hair to dry naturally and worshiping my wild curls.

In recent months I have noticed that my hair is lifeless and tangles a lot. Looking for information I found the nopoo - cowashing concepts (I love this webpage!!! thanks for the info!!). I have decided to stop using shampoo and conditioners with silicone.I had so much time using silicone products that my hair is dry, frizzy, puffy and dull. Yesterday I used a clarifying shampoo and conditioner without silicones and I must say that my hair looks better.

But... I do not know my hair type. In the pics you can see my second day hair without cream, gel or mousse. I think is mix but don´t know if it is 3b and 3c or 3a and 3b. My front is curlier than my back so... help.

351bclt.jpg
mm7foi.jpg

Comments

• Knotty_MaddyKnotty_Maddy Posts: 518Registered Users
    Your hair looks a lot like mine - I have crazy S'es all over my head, with corkscrew ends on most clumps. The back of my hair does not curl as much as the front, too. :) I consider myself a 3A/2C.

You have lovely hair! lol... :D

I can't really say too much about products used, because I use silicone products, plus your hair type - the actual properties of your hair - is more important than your curl pattern, as I learned here - so you need to figure that out in order to find help and find products that agree with your hair .... You may want to check out these links, if you haven't already, and I am sure another curlie who is no-poo will come help you :)

Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics

Welcome

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/newbies-info-introductions/101426-ton-useful-information-new-curlies-%3D.html
    Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
    S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
    My hair officially hates protein ;) Once a month is enough!
    Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay! :D
    BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! You'll find lots of great info and advice all over the site... please enjoying digging around!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • iriseirise Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thanks a lot for the info :)

I have coarse-medium hair with really low porosity. My front is coarse and the back is medium. I know I should avoid proteins and... most oils because my hair hate them. Olive and coconut not good for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file