CurlTalk

how often do you wait between co-washes?

I'm back to trying CG again. I last co-washed on Saturday with White Rain Lavender and Vanilla. I've only been conditioning with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Too Shea[/buylink] since then-I haven't co-washed again. I think my curls are getting more defined, and my scalp isn't oily at all-I have dry hair.

How long do you wait between co-washes? I'm afraid to "undo" the good results I've had so far.

Does anyone just put conditioner on most of their hair and only co-wash their scalp if their hair is on the dry side?

Thanks!
sherry

Comments

• selfcurledgirlselfcurledgirl Posts: 516Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I cleanse my scalp with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]deva no poo[/buylink] once a week and then just use conditioner on my hair every other day. I use all deva products. Once a week is enough. I have dry, very curly hair.
    Hair type, thin, 3b, past my shoulders always looking for length. Use jessicurl hair cleansing cream, devacurl one c, angel, set it free, Always see a deva trained stylist for cut and Aveda Institute for color.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Same as selfcurledgirl, I co-wash my scalp once a week and condition every day.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    I co-wash every other day, on my scalp, then condition with a thicker condtion after and leave it on while I finish with the rest of my shower.
  • sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
    Thank you for your responses! I'm going to try only co-washing my scalp for a while. I think my hair gets "poofy" if I co-wash the whole length.

Take care,
    Sherry
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    Sherry I have noticed on your post that you always say thanks, you are a very polite person and very well mannered, it is good to see that there are still nice people in this world.
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    Hi Sherry--
    I have very dry hair, and I COwash my hair only once per week. This seems to help a lot. Because of my new satin pillowcase, I am getting second, third, even fourth day hair. Go figure!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!