We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

What would you name your daughter or son if you had one?

jenfitzjenfitz Posts: 121Registered Users
I would name my daughter Isabel and her nickname would be Izzy. I would name my son Eli.

Comments

• mcherycemcheryce Posts: 363Registered Users
    I only have boys. If we had a girl her name would have been Ashlynn. I'm done having kids so if I got prego again I would name it "oh sh%t" lol
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Isabela, Violeta, Alesandra, Elena, Lilia, Anisa, and in the "stupid, but I like it category", Azúl, Casandra, Camila, Leyla.

Alexis, Ethan (though it breaks my rule about names being plausible in English and Spanish), Alejandro, Alejo, Jaime, Mauro, Diego. I like the Portuguese version/equivalent of Juan much better. :lol:
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,565Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    if i had them -

Anastasia for a girl
    William for a boy - maybe the Hungarian version Vilmos

that would also be if they had MY last name!

i'm a big believer in matching first names to family names. one of my cousins is Ashley and another is Sandra and neither one sound right with our name.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Girl - Clara rose

Boy - Patrick Elliott
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Sookie
    Lucifer
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Posts: 1,294Registered Users
    Saria wrote: »
    Isabela, Violeta, Alesandra, Elena, Lilia, Anisa, and in the "stupid, but I like it category", Azúl, Casandra, Camila, Leyla.

Alexis, Ethan (though it breaks my rule about names being plausible in English and Spanish), Alejandro, Alejo, Jaime, Mauro, Diego. I like the Portuguese version/equivalent of Juan much better. :lol:

I do the same thing! I've always had a tough time coming up with names that I think could be pronounced correctly according to the rules of both languages. My name is Kyla (first part rhymes with pie) and Spanish speakers tend to pronounce it as Kee-lah. Which I hate. Grates on my ears.

I've always thought about Mia or Jasmin for a girl. I'd never thought of and really like Casandra and Leyla (but that one is too close to my name). And a side note, BF's adorable daughter's middle name is Anisa. I'd never heard it before I met her! She frequently refers to herself as Anisa. I definitely approve!

For boys, well, BF's name is Victor. So is his dad. And his older brother (who has a different father), so while I like the name, and would like to follow with tradition, there are just too many Victors in my life :lol:

William, oddly enough, is a very popular male name here in PR, and was also the name of my paternal grandfather, so I feel a connection there.

Other than that, I'm not a big fan of many male names common in Spanish. I tend to prefer names like Isaac, Nathan, Ethan.
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
    Heh, my dad's name is Victor. Manuel is the middle name shared by him, my brother, and now my nephew. :lol:
    You can use Isaac no problem in Spanish. Or Aaron. I like Adan, too.
    I also like Soledad and Celeste. In the not so great in Spanish category is Vivienne.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    Oooh, yes I like Aaron and Celeste!

There seems to be a theme in some families... Victor's mom and her two sisters are all named Maria, and go by their middle names.

I think it's hilarious she had her first son and (randomly?) named him Victor, and then along comes this man named Victor (Vitín) that she falls in love with, then has another baby boy and names him... Victor!
    The Maria thing is definitely common. Juana is another common first name that either gets used in conjunction with a middle name or is dropped for the middle name. I'm not a fan of naming kids after their parents since it gets confusing.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    Another girl would be Elaina Camille and another boy would be Myles Alexander. The boy was promised to me when I agreed to name our son the third.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    So many names I love! I realize I have strange taste in names..

Girls:
    Austin
    Alexis (Lexy)
    Jordana
    Lauren
    Leanna
    Indiana

Boys:
    Ronan
    Mateo
    Cassius
    Nick
    Mark
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • HropkeyHropkey Posts: 572Registered Users
    I like biblical names for boys. Not for a religious reason, I just like how they sound, especially Jacob and Aaron. I also really like Elliot.

For girls I like Noa, Anna, Elana, and Emily.
    Mod CG as of 10/18/08
    Using: Suave Naturals, L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss, LA Looks Sports Gel.
    "We’ll not live like this. They will try to bury us with false manifestos, inscribe us in wars against false enemies but we’ll sing songs about dying from loving the wrong cowboy and gospel; our bodies will burn in effigies of promise. I swear."

-Ibi Kaslik
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    Girl: Eva Marie.

Haven't thought about a boys' name.

Guess I'm adopting a girl.....
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users

João? Most people who speak Spanish and English would have a hard time with the nasal sound.
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,761Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Boy: Nicholas or Nicolás
    Girl: no idea
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dedachan wrote: »

João? Most people who speak Spanish and English would have a hard time with the nasal sound.

Yes, João, though of course it wouldn't work in Spanish since the J in Spanish doesn't sound the same. In English it kind of works. I just think João sounds much nicer than Juan.

Two more names I like: Magdalena and Amelia.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    IF we ever had another baby:

Boy: Maxwell (would call him Max), Owen, or Henry
    Girl: Marguerite (would call her Maggie)
    ehLB.jpg
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,756Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My boys are Nicholas and Alexander. If they'd been girls they would have been Amelia and Eloise.
    Like mcheryce though - I'm done.
    3b in South Australia.
  • ShayShampagneShayShampagne Posts: 114Registered Users
    Girl- Shade (Since my name is Shadow)

Boy- Na'Shaud

Sent from my SCH-R720 using CurlTalk App
  • Knotty_MaddyKnotty_Maddy Posts: 518Registered Users
    I named my son 27 years ago when he was born :) and I called him "Michael-Lionel". I am French, so it sounds like "Mee-ca-elle- Lee-on-nelle". The name means "Who is close unto God, with the strength of a lion". Meaning meant a lot to me :) (and at the time I had a crush on Lionel Richie, lol!)

He also has a secret name, that only he and I know. According to Gypsy tradition (his father was Hungarian/Gypsy), I whispered it in his ear when he was born, so no one could own his spirit or rule him but him. :D

If I had ever had a girl, I would have called her "Elysee" - pronounced "Elle-ee-zay" in French. :) That's it! lol!
    Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
    S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
    My hair officially hates protein ;) Once a month is enough!
    Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay! :D
    BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If I had a little girl, I'd name her Evangeline
    Heh, my dad's name is Victor. Manuel is the middle name shared by him, my brother, and now my nephew. :lol:
    You can use Isaac no problem in Spanish. Or Aaron. I like Adan, too.
    I also like Soledad and Celeste. In the not so great in Spanish category is Vivienne.

I just realized my FIL's name is Victor Manuel :wave:

I also like Giuseppe or Paolo for a boy and Russian names for girls... Natasha, Anastasia, Karina, etc.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Girl: Alice, India or Vivan (pronounced vee-VON)
    Boy: Jesse
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Girl: Skyler, Summer, or Fiona

Boy: Nolan or Kellan
    Girl: Skyler, Summer, or Fiona

Boy: Nolan or Kellan

I love Summer and Fiona!
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I like pronounceable names that aren't too common. Before I ever name a kid, I'll do a lot of research to make sure the name hasn't had a surge of popularity. I love Ava for a girl, but it's gotten super popular. Oh well. I done understand all the moms of a Hailey, Madison, Emma, or Olivia who seem surprised when their daughter is one of 4 in the class with the same name. All if would have taken is a quick google search! I guess my point is that I don't think names can be picked in a vacuum.

For girls right now I like Rae, Mae, Raina, Sky, and Skyla.
    For boys I like Mason and Bennett.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    if i adopted a little girl : Athena Alexadria Rae
    if I adopted a boy: I got nothing. No clue. Never thought of a boy's name.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,001Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    If I'd had a daughter, she'd have been Alina Casey.

Alina=my great grandmother from Finland
    Casey=my mom's maiden name.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,565Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Who Me? wrote: »
    ... all the moms of a Hailey, Madison, Emma, or Olivia who seem surprised when their daughter is one of 4 in the class with the same name.

i know what you mean....

doing the Holiday Swap, i'm getting a giggle out of the number of Sara(h)s and Jennifers we have here!!!

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • prentonneprentonne Posts: 163Registered Users
    Trenell wrote: »
    If I had a little girl, I'd name her Evangeline

Me tooooooo or vivienne

Sent from my GT-P1000N using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file