need a little help

mexiissamexiissa Posts: 2Registered Users
I started the cg method about 2 months ago co-washing every day or every other day and noticed my hair has become oily and i have flaking and shedding i decided to cleanse with baking soda and vo5 conditioner which has stopped some of the shedding not sure where to go from here..any advice?
im a 3a high density medium coarse hair

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Are you massaging your scalp well when you co-wash? I also continue massaging my scalp as I rinse out the co-wash. I can only use extremely light conditioners like VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea.

A brown sugar scrub might work well for your scalp. You might also need to rotate in a low-poo.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • TaphycurlTaphycurl Posts: 13Registered Users
    I had tried the CG method off and on for years and always my looked stringy and oily. When I wash my hair, I want my hair to look like I've washed my hair, not like I haven't washed it in two weeks.
    I tried the co-washing again, but this time I mix a tablespoon of baking soda with the conditioner. Then I rinse with either ACV & water or lemon juice & water. I'm not sure how CG it is but it works & my hair looks clean.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file