We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

What to do with 5 inches of hair

AstoniedAstonied Posts: 26Registered Users
My hair is 5 inches and I'm bored with it. I got tired of wearing wash and go's so I wore wigs. Now I'm tired of wearing wigs. Is it too short for a decent looking twist out? Are there any other styles I can do with 5 inches of hair? I just can't wait till the day I realize my hair can finally reach my shoulders.
Last relaxer: 11/24/2011
Big chop: 03/13/2012
Type: 4a/b
Porosity: Low
Strand Thickness: Fine/Med
Density: Idk
Length: 5in TWA
Goal: WL
Regimen:
- Hot oil treatment with EVCO before every wash.
- Cowash 1x per week with GF triple nutrition conditioner
- Low poo 1x per mo. alternating from shea moisture african black soap shampoo & andalou naturals moisture rich
- Moisturize with water/aloe mix or KKNT and seal with EVOO as needed
- Sleep with satin bonnet
Style:
Wash & go

Comments

• dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    honey i understand your frustration i have been there:sad5:.

I suggest you create a fotki account there are plethora profile full of naturals from different stages of their journey sharing pic and tips on products,styles,and more:hello1:. I found that site very useful when i was a new natural. may i also suggest doing braid extension or full weave PS these styles put the hair away for a while, you get a break and when its time to take it down not only are you excited to see your hair, you are interested to see the progress:toothy7:.

here are a few pic of my hair when it was your length and to answer your question twist outs is possible:D
    DSC00277-vi.jpg
    DSC00256-vi.jpg
    SDC10512.jpg
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

• So_JaneSo_Jane Posts: 155Registered Users
    Astonied wrote: »
    My hair is 5 inches and I'm bored with it. I got tired of wearing wash and go's so I wore wigs. Now I'm tired of wearing wigs. Is it too short for a decent looking twist out? Are there any other styles I can do with 5 inches of hair? I just can't wait till the day I realize my hair can finally reach my shoulders.

Bantu knots
    comb coils
    faux/fro-hawk
    baby twist-out, maybe

hth!
    'Poo: Aubrey Organics or Suave Clarifying
    or Liquid African Black Soap (only 4-ingredients ; awesome!)
    Co-Wash: Aubrey Organics or Suave Condish
    Condish: Aubrey Organics or Onion Mask or Yogurt
    DT: Honey + Olive Oil + AO Condish or Yogurt mix
    ---
    Best Gel Combo, Ever!: Elasta Qp Feels Like Silk Liquid Gel +/under Eco Styler [Krystal, Brown] Gel (or under Wetline Extreme Styling Gel)- awesome!!
  • khalia.gainekhalia.gaine Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have the same problems with my hair sense then and im only 11 and my hair is 5 inches and the back of my head is damaged
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Sorry for the derail, OP, but hi again Dee! I always love it when you post your hair pics. Just goooorgeous :D
  • exclusivelykexclusivelyk Posts: 22Registered Users
    I am in the same boat in that I have short hair but with me I have been wearing braids and have gotten tired of it...

Sent from my LG-D500 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file