CurlTalk

Help finding link?

Okay, I thought I saved the link to reference back. Apparently I didn't, so wondering if you can help. Not sure when the post was made but it was basically an outline of the condition of your hair/curls to when protein or moisture is needed.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
2B/2C , medium, ii/iii
low porosity | medium/high density | low elasticity | shoulder length | dry climate | hard water | low dew points

Experimenting:
Wash: DC Low-Poo
Conditioner: GVPCB RO
DT: GVP K-Pak
Leave In: n/a (searching)
Style: Biotera Curl Creme, air-dry and/or diffuser

CG since October 2012
Current issue: Frizzy hair! Lazy curls (this has gotten better, but getting there)! Hair does not like glycerin.

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users
    Not sure the link you are referring to but this has helped me out:
    Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics
    You could always use the search bar but the protein/moisture discussions come up frequently and there would be a ton to sift through. Good luck! Let us know if you find it!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • Ml001Ml001 Posts: 354Registered Users
    remember, with all advice or suggestions for your hair, YMMV!! :read2:
    My hair:
    2b wavy, medium texture, low porosity, med-high density. Protein finicky.
    My routine:
    Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
    RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
    LI: KCKT or CJSL
    Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.
  • sagittmamasagittmama Posts: 27Registered Users
    It was actually within the CurlTalk board and the characteristics was outlined in there than external links. Yea, you are right, it is still a lot to search through. Trying to remember what search words they were that led me to that post.
    mhen76 wrote: »
    Not sure the link you are referring to but this has helped me out:
    Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics
    You could always use the search bar but the protein/moisture discussions come up frequently and there would be a ton to sift through. Good luck! Let us know if you find it!

Oh those are pretty good! I will add them! Thanks for adding those!
    Ml001 wrote: »
    2B/2C , medium, ii/iii
    low porosity | medium/high density | low elasticity | shoulder length | dry climate | hard water | low dew points

Experimenting:

CG since October 2012
    Current issue: Frizzy hair! Lazy curls (this has gotten better, but getting there)! Hair does not like glycerin.
    2B/2C , medium, ii/iii

Experimenting:

CG since October 2012
    Hmm, just as I suspected, it's well moisturized, now just need protein...

Any recommendations?
    2B/2C , medium, ii/iii

Experimenting:

CG since October 2012
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    If you have coarse hair, you're not going to want much in terms of protein. Are you looking for a poo, conditioner, gel?
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

If you have coarse hair, you're not going to want much in terms of protein. Are you looking for a poo, conditioner, gel?

Yeah, I have been thinking about that one lately and do not think I have coarse hair. Could be normal though. It does take me a while to air dry too. Let's see, conditioner or gel. I think mostly since I am looking at possibly getting Curl Junkie Daily Fix (read through the forums that this can help with hard water). Mostly to try and replace my current 'poo. I try not use it as often.

Keep in mind this is also all new to me. I would say for about a month now so I am open to suggestions.

I JUST looked up dew points and on average it is no more than 35. Summer, it goes up. I mean it literally JUST got cold today to the point where I had to pull out my light jacket. So majority of the year it will be warm/hot and dry for most part of it. Monsoon season will be what jacks up the dew point around here but we're already past that.
    2B/2C , medium, ii/iii

Experimenting:

CG since October 2012