We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Help finding link?

Okay, I thought I saved the link to reference back. Apparently I didn't, so wondering if you can help. Not sure when the post was made but it was basically an outline of the condition of your hair/curls to when protein or moisture is needed.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
2B/2C , medium, ii/iii
low porosity | medium/high density | low elasticity | shoulder length | dry climate | hard water | low dew points

Experimenting:
Wash: DC Low-Poo
Conditioner: GVPCB RO
DT: GVP K-Pak
Leave In: n/a (searching)
Style: Biotera Curl Creme, air-dry and/or diffuser

CG since October 2012
Current issue: Frizzy hair! Lazy curls (this has gotten better, but getting there)! Hair does not like glycerin.

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users
    Not sure the link you are referring to but this has helped me out:
    Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics
    You could always use the search bar but the protein/moisture discussions come up frequently and there would be a ton to sift through. Good luck! Let us know if you find it!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • Ml001Ml001 Posts: 354Registered Users
    remember, with all advice or suggestions for your hair, YMMV!! :read2:
    My hair:
    2b wavy, medium texture, low porosity, med-high density. Protein finicky.
    My routine:
    Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
    RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
    LI: KCKT or CJSL
    Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.
  • sagittmamasagittmama Posts: 27Registered Users
    It was actually within the CurlTalk board and the characteristics was outlined in there than external links. Yea, you are right, it is still a lot to search through. Trying to remember what search words they were that led me to that post.
    mhen76 wrote: »
    Not sure the link you are referring to but this has helped me out:
    Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics
    You could always use the search bar but the protein/moisture discussions come up frequently and there would be a ton to sift through. Good luck! Let us know if you find it!

Oh those are pretty good! I will add them! Thanks for adding those!
    Ml001 wrote: »
    2B/2C , medium, ii/iii
    low porosity | medium/high density | low elasticity | shoulder length | dry climate | hard water | low dew points

Experimenting:

CG since October 2012
    Current issue: Frizzy hair! Lazy curls (this has gotten better, but getting there)! Hair does not like glycerin.
    2B/2C , medium, ii/iii

Experimenting:

CG since October 2012
    Hmm, just as I suspected, it's well moisturized, now just need protein...

Any recommendations?
    2B/2C , medium, ii/iii

Experimenting:

CG since October 2012
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    If you have coarse hair, you're not going to want much in terms of protein. Are you looking for a poo, conditioner, gel?
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

If you have coarse hair, you're not going to want much in terms of protein. Are you looking for a poo, conditioner, gel?

Yeah, I have been thinking about that one lately and do not think I have coarse hair. Could be normal though. It does take me a while to air dry too. Let's see, conditioner or gel. I think mostly since I am looking at possibly getting Curl Junkie Daily Fix (read through the forums that this can help with hard water). Mostly to try and replace my current 'poo. I try not use it as often.

Keep in mind this is also all new to me. I would say for about a month now so I am open to suggestions.

I JUST looked up dew points and on average it is no more than 35. Summer, it goes up. I mean it literally JUST got cold today to the point where I had to pull out my light jacket. So majority of the year it will be warm/hot and dry for most part of it. Monsoon season will be what jacks up the dew point around here but we're already past that.
    2B/2C , medium, ii/iii

Experimenting:

CG since October 2012

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file