We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Oil Sheen to moisturize curly hair?

curlyty07curlyty07 Posts: 26Registered Users
So last night, I came across my oil sheen that I used to use when I wore my hair straight. It always made my hair shiny, so I decided to spray it on my curly hair at night and then put it in a pineapple. When I woke up my hair looked so moisturized and shiny! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using oil sheen on curly hair. I used the olive oil brand and I truly loved the results. I was just curious if others have tried this as well, or if I shouldn't do this for some reason, although I can't seem to think of a reason not to.

Comments

• SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Technically speaking, oil cannot "moisturize" hair. Regardless, it must have sealed in all your moisture and given a sheen so that when you woke up your hair was still full of moisture and shiny...?

I haven't found that anything like that worked, but mostly because most of my stuff when relaxed had a crap load of cones and I'm CG (albeit mod) now.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
  • CurlyKid78CurlyKid78 Posts: 41Registered Users
    Yea it does add shine. I spray argon oil on my hair for same effect
    3c - Hair
    Meduim Thickness
    6months fully natural
    Visit My page - Click Here :blob4:
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    I moisturize daily and seal with evoo. I never cared for oil sheens so I bought this spray can called Misto (for salads) from amazon com and filled it halfway with evoo. You can also buy it from bed bath and beyond. I got this idea from a fellow natural on YT. Best investment I ever made:-)

Sent from my N861 using CurlTalk App
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer: