We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Top of my hair looks like a poodle!

I've done lots of searches and there have been many topics on the subject, but nothing has worked for me. Believe me, I wouldn't be wearing curly hair with bangs if I weren't forced to because it was so damaged from years of straightening it. So now, here I am stuck with bangs that I'm trying to grow, but I can't believe how slow if at all they're growing!

So, the rest of my hair, I guess 3c curls? which shrink up to about 3" under my jaw, are looking o.k. by now. They are not loose at all, but the first and second day I can get them that way by sleeping in Deva Heaven in Hair the first night, then I use Ouidad's Botanical Boost (which I absolutely love and use every day).

The problem is my bangs. They curl up tight, clumpy (like I said "a poodle") and the top of my hair from some layers I have because my hairdresser had to cut off some really damaged spots, are just like the bangs - completely different than the rest of my hair. The only way it looks decent is in a headband.

This morning I wet it and tried clipping down the top and the bangs. The top looked better (though I had zero lift) but the bangs came out straight, which really looked ridiculous.

I use Diva One Leave in Conditioner, Diva Angel gel, and Deva styling cream. The only reason I get frizz is that I play with it too much.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I hate the way I look! My Mom even said to me the other day, "Why don't you try electric rollers on your bangs to get a softer curl?" Well, she doesn't understand.

Please, HELP!!!!!:sad2:
3a (boticelli) fine, high porosity
CG since May, 2011
CO wash - Devacurl LoPoo
Condish - Devacurl OC
Styling - Devacurl Styling Cream, AnGel
DT - Heaven in Hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file