CurlTalk

CURLS line at Target

dannegerousdannegerous Posts: 70Registered Users
In searching for protein-free products, I was on CurlMart reading their list of products without protein. I was sticking with brands that I'd heard of before like As I Am and CURLS, etc. A few things I knew I would have to get online if I wanted to try them but I saw the CURLS line at Target. Now, I realized that the CURLS products at CurlMart are different from the ones at Target so I read the ingredient lists really carefully to try to make sure they didn't contain proteins but it's so easy to miss an ingredient when you aren't an expert. :wink:

I was wary of spending too much money since going CG has cost an arm and a leg just trying an endless stream of products trying to find one that works, but they had a sample kit with 2 oz bottles of the Creamy Curl Cleanser, Coconut Curlada Conditioner, Lavish Curls Moisturizer, and Curls Creme Brule. It was cheap so I grabbed it.

I tried all four this morning and I thought I would share my thoughts.

Creamy Curl Cleanser: I was not impressed but I didn't hate it. I won't be purchasing a full size bottle. It kind of melted into my hair and there was no slip to help massage it into my scalp.

Coconut Curlada Conditioner: I liked this but I'm going to need a few more test runs to know if I love it. It's def better than the conditioner I have been using.

Lavish Curls Moisturizer: I'm not super impressed with this. I'm going to try it as a refresher and see how I feel about it.

Curls Creme Brule: This is the product I really liked. The consistency is perfect for my dry, thick hair. I didn't layer any gel over it but it gave me medium hold by itself.

After using, my hair is definitely much softer than it has been. I diffused until my hair was about 30% dry then I got dressed and went about my morning routine. When I checked the mirror before I left, I was pretty pleased with the fact that my waves are back and looking better than they have been. My hair is bouncy and soft. I do want to try it with a gel next time for better hold but other than that, I'm pretty happy rn. My hair is about an 7/10 today.

The only complete negative about these products is the smell. It's overpowering and sickly sweet. Smells like vanilla buttercream icing. I powered through but others might be sensitive to them.
CG since May 2012
Curl Pattern: 2c, Texture: coarse, Porosity: low, Density: thick, Elasticity: low

Comments

• ltdeforrestltdeforrest Posts: 61Registered Users
    I just thought I would add my thoughts as well. I love the Curls Coconut Curlada, it's one of the few HG's I've found. I like it best as a leave in, although I can use it as a RO in the summertime. The Curls Goddess curls gel is not my favorite, but it's okay. I can't use any of the other products because of the glycerin.
    3a, baby fine i/ii, low to normal porosity, protein sensitive
    Mod CG since 5/12, from rainy Western WA:toothy2:
    dislikes: glycerin, wheat protein :pukel:
    Poo: Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo
    Cond: CJCR, DB pumpkin seed, TJ TTT, Elucence MB
    Protein: one & only Argan oil hydrating mask
    LI: JC WDT
    Style: UFD curly magic, Sweet Curls Elixers flax seed cream and HHG (Etsy)