CurlTalk

cutting thin hair

mia62mia62 Posts: 9Registered Users
i have thin hair and right now i can't afford to go to a salon and get a hair cut but one of my my friends told me to trim my own hair but i don't know if that's a good idea because i'm afraid its going to damage if i cut it myself. i just want to trim off a inch because i notice i have split ends. does any have the same problem as me? and could give me advice that would really help.

Comments

• SohoSoho Posts: 63Registered Users
    What do you mean damage if you cut it yourself? I know if CA you can go to Supercuts and get a trim for $10. If a trim is all you're looking for rather than a new 'do then see if you can find a cheap place.
  • Ml001Ml001 Posts: 354Registered Users
    Damage can occur from using dull scissors. Go to target or wherever, buy a ten dollar pair of hair trimming scissors, and use them only for your hair. I cut my own hair, several people here do. Many more don't 'cut' their own hair but they do 'search and destroy' the split ends. The CG handbook/DVD has information on doing your own cuts.
    remember, with all advice or suggestions for your hair, YMMV!! :read2:
    My hair:
    2b wavy, medium texture, low porosity, med-high density. Protein finicky.
    My routine:
    Cleansing: DCNP, every 4-5 days (occasionally use CJ cleansers).
    RO: CJSC, occasionally use JCDC
    LI: KCKT or CJSL
    Gel: KCCC, CJCIAB for 2nd day hair (sometimes third)

Heat is my friend: warm water rinses, steam caps, and diffuse dry. I love CLU cloths and my Denman.
  • JharnaJharna Posts: 4Registered Users
    Dude cut the thin n shabby hairs length take proper diet for good long hair growth.