We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

So much hair!

sarmodsarmod Posts: 4Registered Users
Is it just me? I love my curls but no matter what i do i cant get rid of the volume! I can control the frizz and i have really nice ringlets but i can't wear it down. Any help?

Comments

• PeachyGirlPeachyGirl Posts: 6Registered Users
    Hey there~
    How about you try doing a co-wash(using conditioner instead of shampoo to wash your hair) Try using a good conditioner(I use Mane 'n Tail Conditoner and Argan Morrocan Oil) I also pull my hair back into a protective bun before I sleep and I use a satin nightcap.
  • oh.hi.its.stephoh.hi.its.steph Posts: 640Registered Users
    What products do you use? & what is your routine?
    whurly girly (2C/3A).
    thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
    hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
    CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
    LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
    Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
  • kool-aid girlkool-aid girl Posts: 4Registered Users
    i have the same problem and i dont know how to tend to it either
  • SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It sounds to me you're just hesitant to accept your hair's natural volume. I too have a lot of hair, and even if I come across a frizz-free day, it's still voluminous.
    If the volume really bothers you, then try half-up half-down styles or go with a stronger gel/heavier product to weigh the hair down. (Granted, the second suggestion has never worked on my hair, but give it a try.)
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file