CurlTalk

Best diffuser for curly hair?

So I am interested in a hair diffuser. I heard finger diffusers work best in helping your curls. Is this true and does it need to be deep? I was looking at the babyliss pro tourmaline finger diffuser but not sure if it's deep enough? If by any suggestions? Im actually looking to buy the hair dryer with a good diffuser but yet to find one so I'll probably be purchasing separate unless anyone knows of a good one

Comments

• cosaracosara Posts: 1Registered Users
    It's very dependent on how you want your hair :) If you want voluminous hair you should buy a diffuser with a deep cup/head. But if you don't care about volume and just want your hair to dry you can buy one with a flat surface.
  • Bri22Bri22 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Okay thanks! So how does it turn out with a finger tip diffuser do you know?
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
    Almost all diffusers are finger tip diffusers. :) One of the only exceptions to the rule is the DevaFuser, which is hand shaped, but I recommend a deep, big bowl shape because 1) it's very easy to use 2) you can dry a lot of hair once and 3) scrunching all the hair up into the causes more volume and more curl. I feel like a flat diffuser would be hard to use because you can't cup the curls, and they would fall all over the place. (Just personally.)

I don't have any personal recommendations, but it's fun to go to ULTA and look at all the different ones. I just have a Revlon 1875 dryer.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

• sdkittysdkitty Posts: 358Registered Users
    the hairdryer I have now came with a finger diffuser but before that I had one from Walmart that was nice and big and it was cheap - maybe five dollars
  • Bri22Bri22 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hey waterlily716, i have watched a lot of your videos and I was wondering if the diffuser you use is the one you got with your revlon? I live in Canada and I can get that dryer for about 20 bucks and I've seen a lot of good reviews
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
    Bri22 wrote: »
    Hey waterlily716, i have watched a lot of your videos and I was wondering if the diffuser you use is the one you got with your revlon? I live in Canada and I can get that dryer for about 20 bucks and I've seen a lot of good reviews

No I think it actually came from another revlon dryer. The one that comes with it is good too through.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

• KellyBKellyB Posts: 68Registered Users
    I need a new hair dryer and I read a lot of positive reviews about the revlon one waterlily mentioned.

I'm going to buy some stuff online by the end of the month, I'll add this to give it a try!

thank you

Texture: Coarse / Porosity: High / Elasticity: Low / Curl pattern: 3b - 3c
    BC and CG since Sept.15.2012
    I like Tresemmé Naturals, Knot-today, Kinky Curly Curling Custard[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]