CurlTalk

Florida: jacked up, all the time

curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
CNN said in Riviera Beach, FL they are transcribing ballots onto new ballots because the original ballots were misprinted.

What the eff is wrong with folk down there? Are you serious?!

I would be beyond pissed off if someone else was transcribing my ballot.

They just need to send some federal marshalls or whoever oversees this mess down there whenever they vote. Something is always going wrong. It can't be an accident.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.

Comments

• BlackbanjogirlBlackbanjogirl Banned Posts: 227Banned Users
    I heard a bunch of Florida's ballots were tossed b/c people failed to sign them. ((smack))
    "Your plan will have new or expanded coverage for the following services, drugs, and supplies for women, which will be paid 100% (note: by whom, is the question) when you visit a network provider:

-Prescription contraceptives and counseling for women
    -Counseling for sexually transmitted infections
    -Permanent surgical contraception (sterilization)"
    --Quoted from my Anthem insurance letter, October 25, 2012

Obama - for a woman's right to sterilize (esp when it becomes mandatory)!
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    Oh gosh. So ridiculous!

I know a lot of people don't like the electronic voting systems, but... Honestly. Florida would benefit from them, I think. :laughing7:

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • BlackbanjogirlBlackbanjogirl Banned Posts: 227Banned Users
    I smell a mess in Florida. Probably the same type of Move On.Org group that was buggin us in Ohio called Florida's updating of voter rolls "voter suppression." IDK how that ever turned out. I hope Floridian dead people and cats didn't miss out on their chance to vote.
    "Your plan will have new or expanded coverage for the following services, drugs, and supplies for women, which will be paid 100% (note: by whom, is the question) when you visit a network provider:

-Prescription contraceptives and counseling for women
    -Counseling for sexually transmitted infections
    -Permanent surgical contraception (sterilization)"
    --Quoted from my Anthem insurance letter, October 25, 2012

Obama - for a woman's right to sterilize (esp when it becomes mandatory)!
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    florida you have one ****ing job don't be a dick pls

even tho you have the shape of a dick

Ugh, seriously, Florida.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    damn-it florida!!!! it's 50% - 50%!!
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    SCG wrote: »
    Oh gosh. So ridiculous!

I know a lot of people don't like the electronic voting systems, but... Honestly. Florida would benefit from them, I think. :laughing7:

We had the electronic ones in Miami (got them after the Bush v Gore debacle). I liked them. We have a scantron type in Orlando. It drives me crazy, but it beats the hole punch of the Bush v Gore election.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    They are reporting they still have a lot of votes to count in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.

Both are democratic counties.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users
    There's nothing wrong with us Floridians except we have an obstructionist governor. He'll be gone in 2014!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    SCG wrote: »
    Oh gosh. So ridiculous!

Florida has a LOT of senior citizens who are baffled by technology. Morbid as it sounds, I think as the WWII generation shuffles off this mortal coil, electronic voting will become more popular in Florida. Baby boomers are much more comfortable with simple technology.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    There's nothing wrong with us Floridians except we have an obstructionist governor. He'll be gone in 2014!

That is my fervent wish!

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users
    curlyarca wrote: »
    CNN said in Riviera Beach, FL they are transcribing ballots onto new ballots because the original ballots were misprinted.

They just need to send some federal marshalls or whoever oversees this mess down there whenever they vote. Something is always going wrong. It can't be an accident.

I worked as an administrative assistant for 43 years. When I typed something that had to go out to a customer, I proofread it several times. If it was something extremely important, I even had someone else look it over on occasion. I saw the misprinted ballots. How did they ever go out in the first place? My husband said it was probably some government employee, in a union, who didn't care. It's a shame that government employees have earned this kind of thinking over the years.
    3b/c
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's Florida. ;)

• wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    munchkin wrote: »

I worked as an administrative assistant for 43 years. When I typed something that had to go out to a customer, I proofread it several times. If it was something extremely important, I even had someone else look it over on occasion. I saw the misprinted ballots. How did they ever go out in the first place? My husband said it was probably some government employee, in a union, who didn't care. It's a shame that government employees have earned this kind of thinking over the years.

As a government employee, in a union, who is quite capable of proofreading, I would like to point out that union membership does not cause one's language, reading, or critical thinking skills to atrophy. I might also add that, to avoid errors, it is often advisable to create a structure in which more than one employee looks at the final product before it goes out.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • seamelody14seamelody14 Posts: 282Registered Users
    Yeah, when I was watching the results last night, I was like, "seriously Florida, AGAIN??" and then there was the whole Ohio deal, like, really? I don't understand this Florida deal anyway, Obama WON. Stop recounting/reprinting. It's done. Over with. Florida's comparatively small number of electoral votes isn't going to change anything.

Oh, and as a side note, can somebody get Trump to shut up? He reminds me of a little kid who lost a game of checkers or something, and is now having a temper tantrum.
    2a/b
    medium/thick
    high porosity (from coloring)

Shampoo: Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
    Co-wash: Chistophe Robin Lemon Cleansing Cream
    RO: CJ strengthening, Kenra moisturizing
    LI: Jessicurl Aloeba
    DT: CJ rehab, Christophe Robin Prickly Pear Mask
    PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 minute
    Stylers: Jessicurl RR, SS Firm Hold Gel
    Oils: caudalie, sweet almond
  • yossarianyossarian Posts: 967Registered Users

Go Charlie! :iconbiggrin:

It's worth noting that the last person to vote in Miami-Dade was signed into the polling place at 1 AM - two hours AFTER the election had been called. So alot of people here were determined to exercise their right to vote despite considerable hurdles, even if it had no impact on the outcome.

I would love to shake that person's hand.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
    2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
    Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
    Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
    Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
    PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
  • yossarianyossarian Posts: 967Registered Users
    I smell a mess in Florida. Probably the same type of Move On.Org group that was buggin us in Ohio called Florida's updating of voter rolls "voter suppression." IDK how that ever turned out. I hope Floridian dead people and cats didn't miss out on their chance to vote.

I know she's gone, but this is such utter bs I had to set the record straight.

Here's your "dead people and cats":

91-Year-Old WWII Veteran Accused Of Ineligible Voting | NBC 6 South Florida

As for Ohio, there were several incidents in question that were absolutely voter suppression/intimidation/harassment, one of which is the subject of a criminal investigation by the state. Republican poll watchers in Franklin County forged signatures on forms they filed to obtain observer status, and were banned as a result. In other areas of Ohio and Pennsylvania, GOP poll monitors demanded photo ID from people before they entered the polling place, took pictures of them and recorded their names on an iPad, and stood over them as they filled out paperwork.

Karma is a b***h, though, and justice was served in the end. Thank you, President Obama.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
    2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
    Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
    Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
    Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
    PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    munchkin wrote: »

Ah yes, us lazy, uncaring government workers. And in unions to boot!! Seriously, get over yourself.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.