CurlTalk

not washing everyday but use product everyday??

shamber1980shamber1980 Posts: 2Registered Users
I'm new to the site and love it but I have a huge question...how am I supposed to skip washing when I use product everyday???

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users
    My hair is fine with the porosity on the low side. If I added more product without cleansing, I'd be a mess. There are a few different options for me although others may come up with more:
    - I cleanse with a sulfate free shampoo (low poo) or
    - I scrub my scalp with conditioner (co-wash) or
    - I rinse yesterday's product out of my hair
    If I do one of the above, I finish by conditioning and adding stylers.

At least every other day (sometimes longer) I just spritz with a mixture of water and aloe vera gel, give it a few scrunches and I'm good to go.
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    I'm not sure about your question. Are you talking about wetting every day?? Second day hair??

Before I started to lurk on nc.com, I was a shampoo/conditioner every day girl. Then I weaned myself to wetting every day, but shampoo every three days. I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. I seldom use lowpoo (only if I use an ingredient that my hair doesn't like and milder remedies don't work), use CJ Daily fix every 3-6 weeks (for it's chelating properties), use natural soap bars to cleanse (every 3-5 days in summer, less in winter) and an occasional cleansing conditioner that doesn't contain a surfactant. I'm older, so oil isn't a big problem.

If you use the right products, water should be enough to rinse them out. My hair prefers the more natural products from the online, boutique type companies. I stay away from chemicals, especially polyquats. I'm told that polyquats don't build up, but I need a harsher sulfactant to remove them. Otherwise, they coat my hair and it doesn't absorb product.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]