3B hair getting straighter

2002esc2002esc Posts: 1Registered Users
My 14 year old daughter has 3b curl. This past year she has started to straighten it (blow dryer/straighten iron). I've noticed her hair has gotten alot of split ends, had them cut off but I'm really worried as the last hair dresser used a brazilian blow out shampoo and conditioner and I see that her hair is loosing some of the curl only in certain areas. Has anyone experienced this? Do anyone know how to get her curls back? Help!!

Comments

• Magdelena0022Magdelena0022 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I have experienced this before when I used to straighten my hair frequently. Have you tried to change shampoos? I would also try to cut back on the heat. Heat can damage the hair and cause the looser curls. A weekly deep conditioning treatment with protein should help for damage. I like restorative masks, you can buy or make an at home treatment. I have seen great success with prepoo treatments also. Hope this helped. :-)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using CurlTalk App
  • Knotty_MaddyKnotty_Maddy Posts: 518Registered Users
    Finer, mixed with coarser strands, low-porosity, wavy curly whirly hair...3A, 2C hair. Medium thickness, medium elasticity.
    S-shaped hair with corkscrew ends. My hair is even more confused than me ;p
    My hair officially hates protein ;) Once a month is enough!
    Currently a fan of TiGi products, (rock on, TiGi Curlesque styling creme!) but that will soon change - I am a self-avowed product junkie! Yay! :D
    BIG fan of supersoaker method - thanks Rudeechick!
  • poemaXXpoemaXX Posts: 456Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'll suspect it's heat damage that's causing her curl pattern to be straighter in some patches.
    || 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
    Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
    Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file