How do I accomplish this style? Pic inside

shortybeeshortybee Registered Users Posts: 4
I cut my hair in short layers, as the ones on the picture. When I blow dry it, I can do it the wavy way using my corioliss that I just purchased about a month ago to create soft curls but I don't know what to use to get the 80's sort of flip going. Anyone?

2098212eva.jpg

Comments

• GiveMeABMWGiveMeABMW Registered Users Posts: 219
    Large barreled curling iron for the ends?
    What's working this week:
    Shower: Garnier 3x Nutrition shampoo 1x per week, cowash with Tres Semme Naturals, condition with
    GF Sleek and Shine deep conditioner
    Styling: Tres Semme Naturals as leave in, L'Oreal Melting gel and HE SMU raked in, LOOB and AG Re:Coil scrunched in, Jojoba Oil scrunched in when totally dry
    :toothy4: 3B
  • shortybeeshortybee Registered Users Posts: 4
    really? But that would do curls, no?
  • GiveMeABMWGiveMeABMW Registered Users Posts: 219
    Clip the end of a section of hair in the curling iron, only roll it so the first 1-2" are wrapped around the barrel.
    (If that makes sense)

This will flip out the ends without creating a full curl.
    What's working this week:
    Shower: Garnier 3x Nutrition shampoo 1x per week, cowash with Tres Semme Naturals, condition with
    GF Sleek and Shine deep conditioner
    Styling: Tres Semme Naturals as leave in, L'Oreal Melting gel and HE SMU raked in, LOOB and AG Re:Coil scrunched in, Jojoba Oil scrunched in when totally dry
    :toothy4: 3B
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    I blow it out w/ a round barrell brush, but rather than hold the brush under the hair, wrapping it around, I hold the brush ABOVE the hair, and brush down, wrapping the hair around the top, and blow it out that way. It flips out the layers rather than rolling them under. Then if you want the piecy look you may have to use some pomade or something on the layered pieces.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • DancingbadgerDancingbadger Registered Users Posts: 136
    I agree with baby, I think putting some pomade between your fingers and piecing it out after you finish blowing it out would work the best.
    My hair is a mix of 2b/3a and even a bit of 3b thrown in! I would call my hair wavycelli. It curls most when I leave it alone after wet scrunching. My hair has a spring factor of about 2 or 3 inches and has a very silky, medium texture.
  • keikokkeikok Banned Banned Users Posts: 585
    shortybee wrote:
    I cut my hair in short layers, as the ones on the picture. When I blow dry it, I can do it the wavy way using my corioliss that I just purchased about a month ago to create soft curls but I don't know what to use to get the 80's sort of flip going. Anyone?

2098212eva.jpg

A strict diet w/ small portions and 2 hours of exercise everyday.

(she's hot, what can I say.)
  • LadyLibra1982LadyLibra1982 Registered Users Posts: 203
    shortybee wrote:

2098212eva.jpg

her face is hot. she's just skinny, not very curvaceous at all. i'm not hating though... i would kill to have that stomach! :wink:

God i am so off-topic... :lol:
    Lady Libra
    3c/4a???
    i stick with the description "OS thready thick"

my curly fro now is at collarbone when straightened.... basically the length i had when i started transitioning! hooray for growth!!! =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file