We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Need answers

NoelleJNoelleJ Posts: 8Registered Users
I just need a simple "how to start CG" i have 2b/2c hair. I got my hair trimmed today and I am ready to get more natural curl!

I need a how to begin CG, co-washing/ no-pooing whichever it is and anything to help me be as natural as possible.

Also my stylist washed my hair with a sulfate poo and no silicones but then put products in my hair...does that ruin my start?
CG Newbie!- 11/1/2012:thumright:
2a bottom layer
2b/2c top layer
low/medium porosity
high density
coarse
shoulder length

Comments

• SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It depends what was in those products. Because most salons tend to use products with non-water soluble cones (products ending -cone or -xane), you'll probably need a final clarifying rinse if you want to be CG.

There are great threads on NC about the CG method, so I won't go into that.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/newbies-info-introductions/101426-ton-useful-information-new-curlies-%3D.html
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
  • JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
    Its simple just skip using your shampoo instead rinse your hair with water then comb the conditioner through as usual....you don't have to follow the rules strictly if it doesn't work for your hair.
  • NoelleJNoelleJ Posts: 8Registered Users
    I followed the link and it is helpful! Thank you!
    CG Newbie!- 11/1/2012:thumright:
    2a bottom layer
    2b/2c top layer
    low/medium porosity
    high density
    coarse
    shoulder length
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,001Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome, NoelleJ!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file