Fuzzy ends?

So, I'm a conditioner only styler. I use Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing conditioner..and lately when drying my hair, which takes forever cause i air dry, the ends are drying first but they're drying first and becoming fuzzy. I don't know why. I do treatments 2/3 times a week with a moisturizing conditioner or my medium protein based moisturizing deep conditioner so i felt like they had enough of both but maybe I'm wrong. About a week ago i did attempt to ombre my hair starting at the ends with an ammonia free semi permanent dye so i thought maybe that's what caused this. Are they possibly just a little extra dry? Should i condition them every night before bed? I just want my hair to be and remain healthy. And the ends don't seem healthy doing this..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    This was the reason I couldn't do full conditioner only styling. I ended up needing a light gel on the ends (Curl Keeper and Matrix Defrizzer worked very well for this). I hope you're able to find something that works for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Registered Users Posts: 496
    Maybe you could try a leave in conditioner that is better than the one you are currently using. There are a few on the market that give you hold, curl definition and still leaves your hair hydrated. I usually use a leave in conditioner and not just a regular conditioner for styling because I find that they don’t work as well for me.
  • poemaXXpoemaXX Registered Users Posts: 456 Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried sealing your ends with an oil or butter? I've liked sealing with SM Coconut Hibiscus Smoothie or JC Nourish and Shine. HTH!
    || 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
    Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
    Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength

• seamonsterseamonster Registered Users Posts: 81
    Your hair is pretty long, so the color probably took a lot out of the ends. You might need to find out how people are conditioning after color.
  • hairhealthhairhealth Registered Users Posts: 90
    is it possible a trim might be needed?
    growout from baldy since 10/11
    modified cg; cones & mild sulfate 'poo
    -cowash: fave 2: vo5 strawberry
    -rinseout:herbal essencesbodyenvy;color mehappy
    -leave in: infusium 23 repair/renew spray
    -dc: gvp conditioning balm

www.fotki.com/browncoily :toothy4:
  • DepressedCurlsDepressedCurls Registered Users Posts: 836
    My hair, no matter what i use acts funny when i try to seal with oils. How do you use sm curl enhancing smoothie to seal? :)
    And i just had a trim 3 wks ago. :/

I just take a dime or nickel sized amount of the smoothie, rub it in my hands, and smooth it along the ends and then the length of my hair. :)
    My hair, no matter what i use acts funny when i try to seal with oils. How do you use sm curl enhancing smoothie to seal? :)

|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
    Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.

poemaXX wrote: »
    I just take a dime or nickel sized amount of the smoothie, rub it in my hands, and smooth it along the ends and then the length of my hair. :)

When its wet after you apply your leave in? Thats what i did today, and im waiting for it to dry to see how it worked. Im having a lot of issues with my hair right now.

• sagittmamasagittmama Registered Users Posts: 27
    hairhealth wrote: »

Though I am new to the forum, this was my first thought.
    2B/2C , medium, ii/iii
    low porosity | medium/high density | low elasticity | shoulder length | dry climate | hard water | low dew points

Experimenting:
    Wash: DC Low-Poo
    Conditioner: GVPCB RO
    DT: GVP K-Pak
    Leave In: n/a (searching)
    Style: Biotera Curl Creme, air-dry and/or diffuser

CG since October 2012
    Current issue: Frizzy hair! Lazy curls (this has gotten better, but getting there)! Hair does not like glycerin.
    sagittmama wrote: »
    hairhealth wrote: »

Though I am new to the forum, this was my first thought.

Mine too, but i trimmed it just 3 wks ago. I'm always trimming it, it seems. Because anytime my ends look anything short of healthy, i snip at them. Bad habit. So this would be my last option.

• sagittmamasagittmama Registered Users Posts: 27
    Ah shoot. Then that's all I can think of! I am sure others have more to add. :laughing8:

Trim, I did mine 2 weeks ago too. It was pretty bad, splint ends mostly from drying my hair. Heat protection product didn't seem to work either. I have not touched my hair dryer since 9/26/12 and air dried since then. Still adjusting to that (I had an accident with my hand, it's still healing).
    2B/2C , medium, ii/iii
    low porosity | medium/high density | low elasticity | shoulder length | dry climate | hard water | low dew points

Experimenting:
    Wash: DC Low-Poo
    Conditioner: GVPCB RO
    DT: GVP K-Pak
    Leave In: n/a (searching)
    Style: Biotera Curl Creme, air-dry and/or diffuser

CG since October 2012
    Current issue: Frizzy hair! Lazy curls (this has gotten better, but getting there)! Hair does not like glycerin.

When its wet after you apply your leave in? Thats what i did today, and im waiting for it to dry to see how it worked. Im having a lot of issues with my hair right now.

Yep, when it's still wet, right after my leave-in! :) I can also use it to tame any frizzies when dry, but that's another story.

Yep, when it's still wet, right after my leave-in! :) I can also use it to tame any frizzies when dry, but that's another story.

I did it and my ends where i put it began drying out more than usual and felt producty and just yuck. I believe its because my hair was getting too much protein at the time so that was just a bad idea, lol. Maybe when i find a better balance i can try it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file