CurlTalk

Short hair! Any help would be amazing!

I recently post this in another section of the forum I believe and got no hits. I figure I'd repost here bc maybe the other section wouldn't have been a correct place to have placed it.

I am thinking about going real short on my hair it's already kind of short but I'd like to do a pixie cut. I believe I am about a 3b/3c has any other curly hair people like I cut their hair this short? Any pics? How was it? Did you have to straighten it all the time to pull off the pixie cut? In case anyone is wondering this us what my hair looks like now styled with Argan oil,mouse little bit of hairspray and diffused. 2 day old hairImageUploadedByCurlTalk1351235891.167644.jpg

Here is what I would love
Idk even know who this is but I would like something like thisImageUploadedByCurlTalk1351236381.189847.jpg

Comments

• SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
    Well the picture you're after has straightish hair, so it would look vastly different on your 3b/3c hair, unless you were willing to style it that way. I really like your hair how it is now though, it's got spunk :)
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*
  • elizardelizard Posts: 284Registered Users
    You have a pretty face so I'm sure that style would look great on you, bt yeah you would have to straighten.
    2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
    RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
    stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
    DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    I personally think when cutting curly hair into a short style like a pixie you have to be very careful that you don’t end up with a short messy mound of curls. You would have to flat iron it to achieve that style.

I agree with the other poster, I like your hair the way it is now, very cute.
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    I would imagine you'd need to use a flat iron.
    I had to flat iron my daily when my hair was super short - and I didn't have near that length of fringe. (see pic below)

I'm now growing out that cut, about a year in, I'm somewhere in the 2s but before that cut, I was in the 3s (not sure if it's age, medications or what but my curl pattern is looser now - also, it's not that long and my hair tends to curl more with length)
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    My own experience with pixie cuts is that they require a lot of maintenance, and that they are not fun to grow out.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • PinupdollrawrPinupdollrawr Posts: 16Registered Users
    PerriP wrote: »
    I would imagine you'd need to use a flat iron.
    I had to flat iron my daily when my hair was super short - and I didn't have near that length of fringe. (see pic below)

I'm now growing out that cut, about a year in, I'm somewhere in the 2s but before that cut, I was in the 3s (not sure if it's age, medications or what but my curl pattern is looser now - also, it's not that long and my hair tends to curl more with length)

It's very nice I like it
    Thanks ladies for the tips. I figured I would have to flat iron it all the time but I was wondering if it would be hard bc of length etc.
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    The other thing to consider is maintenance, I had to get mine cut every 4-6 weeks and that can get expensive depending on how much your stylist costs. I loved my short hair but eventually miss my curls and grow it out for a few years (then miss my short hair and cut it all off)
    I always go back to it is just hair, it'll grow back, so if you want to try it short, give it a try :)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users
    I loved mine, growing it out right now. If you're wanting to stick with it for awhile and don't mind daily maintenance I say go for it!!
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
    Nej wrote: »
    I loved mine, growing it out right now. If you're wanting to stick with it for awhile and don't mind daily maintenance I say go for it!!

Do you have pics of it?