We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

T's and P's please

NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
Needing some positive vibes for my granddaddy who is suffering and my nan who is just so exhausted and having a hard time coping. Thanks curlies :(
"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

Comments

• B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lots of good vibes coming your and their way (((((hugs)))))
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,695Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Of Course.....(((((HUGS)))))
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    prayers
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    {{{{HUGS}}}
  • yossarianyossarian Posts: 967Registered Users
    They'll be in my thoughts, and my heart goes out to you.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
    2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
    Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
    Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
    Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
    PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Definitely thoughts and prayers!

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    ((Narnia)) You have them.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    I'll be thinking of your family and keeping you in my prayers!
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    Thank you ladies.
    My grandad is quickly declining and it came out of NOWHERE. It started with "where is my apartment" and in a matter of 5 weeks has gone to him flooding the bathroom as he can't remember how to turn off the taps, thinking the elevator is the bathroom, shooting shaving cream all over the bedroom, running into the street, forgetting the year and the list goes on and on. My grandmother cannot cope and passed out yesterday while at her haircut appointment because she is sleeping 1 hour a night if that due to him waking her up at all hours and her fear of what he will do next. I just spoke to her and she is exhausted and defeated. She wants to put him in a home but my auntie (who is a daddy's girl) says absolutely not. I see her point but my Nan is the one who has to do this care taking and at 80 (albeit a very spry 80) she cannot keep this up.
    I am very close with him and this has been very hard, but I feel so much for my Nan.
    At the end of August I decided to spend money that I shouldn't have and went over to the UK to visit them for two weeks. I just had a feeling and literally booked it 6 days before I went. I am very glad that I did.
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I'm so sorry Narnia. That's heartbreaking. My friend's dad is going through the same thing. I just can't imagine what it's like seeing someone you've loved for so long "disappear" right before your eyes.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I'm so sorry. Definitely sending lots of Ts and Ps to you and your family.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    I'm sorry and am sending you hugs.

Your aunt means well but she should either step up and offer to help look after him or back off.
    Dedachan wrote: »
    I'm sorry and am sending you hugs.

Your aunt means well but she should either step up and offer to help look after him or back off.

I know. My aunt is one of my best friends (she is 19 years younger than my dad so more like a sister), and I know she is vey emotional and makes emotionally charged decisions. She is also a nurse and has heard/seen so many horror stories which is partially where she gets her fear. But she isn't thinking of the well being of her mom as much as she is thinking emotionally about her dad. She said to me "I feel like I have lost my dad already" and I think she is holding hope that he will get better and that this is some freak thing connected to his anemia.
    I spoke to my grandma today and told her that it is up to her and we support whatever decision she makes and are behind her 100%.
    The GP is going to see my grandad tomorrow and my aunt will be present. My grandma said she is going to bring up the idea of a home or some 24 hour care and hopefully my aunt can see some reason at that point.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,983Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, Narnia, I'm so sorry. What a horror. I agree with Dedachan. The situation is extreme and your grandmother can't cope.

{{{Narnia}}}

ETA: I'm glad you visited when you did. Take care of yourself. We are thinking of you.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Positive curly vibes to you and your family. (((Narnia)))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Ts and Ps for your family. That's hard all the way around.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    I am so sorry. It can be so difficult on the caregivers. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    T's & P's to your family. {{{HUGS}}} to you all.
    He has been given a diagnosis finally. It looks very grim - Dr gave about a month.
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,761Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I m so sorry Narnia. Truly.
    You, your grandad, nan and aunt are in my thoughts and prayers.

HUGS!
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    I am so sorry Narnia.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    I am sorry, Narnia. Many T's & P's headed your way.

If your Aunt continues to fight against a home, could a home nurse possibly come to the house and stay? My mom and her siblings hired a woman who stayed either days or nights when my grandmothers dementia became to much to handle. She was so helpful.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I am so sorry. Sending my thoughts your way.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Again I'm so sorry. It's good you got one last visit.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    I'm so sorry. (((Hugs)))
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,753Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sending positive thoughts to you and your grandparents. I hope they find a solution to your grandfathers care needs. I use to work with the elderly (particularly dementia patients) and it can take a terrible toll on the carers.
    So sorry you're going through this.
    3b in South Australia.
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    I am sorry, Narnia. Many T's & P's headed your way.

If your Aunt continues to fight against a home, could a home nurse possibly come to the house and stay? My mom and her siblings hired a woman who stayed either days or nights when my grandmothers dementia became to much to handle. She was so helpful.

Now that there has been a diagnosis the idea of moving him to a home has been moved off the table. Had the diagnosis been dementia it would be different but the CT scan revealed a large brain tumor and that explains why it came on so fast. My grandmother will take care of him and spoil him, as the Dr only estimated a month.
    Thank you for all the thoughts, prayers and good vibes. It means more than you all know <3
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    (((((Narnia)))))
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,963Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I'm so sorry Narnia. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Narnia, I know what your family is going through. The same thing happened with my grandma about a year and a half ago. Your family is in my prayers. It's a tragic thing to see someone you love slip away so suddenly.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file