CurlTalk

What would you wear during the zombie apocalypse?

theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
The thread about boots and the walking dead got me thinking (and I have an obsession about zombies), what would be the best outfit for the apocalyse?

I'm thinking some really good combat boots. Cargo pants with lots of pockets so i can stash stuff. A leather jacket could provide good arm protection and when its gets a little chilling i will be warm. And I'm thinking of shaving my head. I wont have time to deep condition.

Would this be considered a spinoff thread? :scratch:

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Actually, the Hunger Games replica jacket I bought for Halloween would work well unless it was wintry. It's a two layered jacket, and the removable outer layer is good for rainy weather. Both layers have deep hoods (can handle my large head and big hair) that pull-tie shut.

I have military pants and would wear those. I'm used to moving around in them and they have pockets.

These trail boots are on my list to buy.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zappos.com%2Fahnu-truckee%3FzfcTest%3Dpd%253A1" class="Popup

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

The boots I bought for my costume are fine, but I want the above for real trail stuff.

Backpack, utility belt, water purification tablets, containers to hold water on the go. Backpack/trail bag would hold gloves, ear muffs, extra socks (don't want trench foot) Diva cup, sunblock, lip balm. Sleeping bag can go on top of pack.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    You got it all planned out, rcc! i thought I was the only one!

I have to get a leather jacket and new cargo pants. I want a darker pair, like black or dark blue.

I got to get familiar with my new neighborhood, got to know where things are. If there is any safe havens. Where my dad use to leave we could walk to where the national guards place (cant think of the name. Just know they had a tank)
    Oh, I'd keep a big rain poncho in my bag, too.

Stack up on granola bars. avacodo got protein and fat, so i need those too. water purification tablets are a good one too. if nessecary bleach can work as well. I want to learn more about edible plants as well. I know I can eat dandilions.

must have extra socks, must keep feet dry!
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    all I can think about is how awesome the mall would be. :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

SO MANY CLOTHES AND SHOES AND PURSES HAAHAHAAAHAHAHAAH
    :cheers:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    You would be zombie food before night fall.
    Haven't you seen Dawn of the Dead? Stay away from the malls, unless you're going with a well armed group to raid for supplies.

I live near the mall where it was filmed. It houses a zombie museum.

nu uuuh

i didn't say I was going by myself.

but in all zombie reality I live near the ocean so I would live in a boat anyway. I mean zombies can't swim...or can they?

just me and my zombie baby on the sea
    Nope! a boat wont work. You will run out of supplies eventually, then what?
    I DIDN'T SAY I would stay on a boat permanently. I would go back and get stuff then go back on my boat. duh.

YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO KILL ME OFF LIKE LORI. GET OVER IT. I WILL GO RICK ALL OVER YOU.

THIS ISN'T A DEMOCRACY ANYMORE.

I GET IT. SHHH HAPPENS.

Your zombie baby is going to stratch you to death with his zombie nails!! So there!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,238Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I would probably be the first to die because, while I am great in a crisis, I don't like to run for hours on end and I would spend too much time looking for migraine meds and we all know zombies like to hang out in pharmacies. So I'm a goner.

But for the first day or so I would be wearing my favorite jeans, Victoria Secret unders, sports bra, tank top, long sleeve top, leather jacket, heavy socks, Harley boots, gun, knife.

In my backback would be plastic bags of all sizes from small ziploc to large trash bags (to store food, keep me dry, etc), meds, first aid stuff, water, a towel, candy, cigarettes (oh yes, I would immediately start smoking again), lighters, hair ties, extra socks, unders, tank tops, flip flops, ammo, etc)
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    If this was real, I'd totally buy it. It could be good for other disasters.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fzombiesafehouse.wordpress.com%2Fz1521%2F" class="Popup

I think I'm going to need a couple of these:

th?id=I.4554706205081635&pid=1.7&w=248&h=154&c=7&rs=1
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    See, I'd go with comfort only. I'd immediately run to the woods behind my house --- no, wait --- I don't even have to do that. Wouldn't the barking of my dogs put them off? If so, all I'd need are lots of groceries, and I could finally take my dogs in to the store with me.

I think I'm covered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
    Until the zombies eat the dogs.

• claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    "La la la
    dogs hate zombies and will get them first --- la la la; everything's fine in ninja mind today."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
    Just train them to decapitate.

• ShayShampagneShayShampagne Posts: 114Registered Users
    Lol y'all are funny!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using CurlTalk App
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    hmm, well I work across the street from a National Guard unit. so I guess I need two plans. one for work and one for home.

While my work options brings more guns, slack and a cardigan just doesn't feel right for the occasion
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users
    The dogs turn into zombies as well. Obviously. As do any birds and animals that would eat roadkill.
    The mall was fairly safe until people started doing dumb things, letting people in and out, and letting zombie babies be born and such.

You can't keep pets in a zombie apocalypse. They get bit, and you have to kill them like in I Am Legend, and It's too damn sad.

I would BE Alice from Resident Evil because she is so friggin badass.

In Resident Evil Apocalypse (2)
    uploadfromtaptalk1351009605801.jpg

And Extinction (3)
    uploadfromtaptalk1351009633064.jpg

And I would live here
    uploadfromtaptalk1351009661229.jpg

But I'm only dealing with normal, zombies. Not these super charged zombies that can run and climb and swim. Hello? Who came up with that?

I've seen so many zombie movies, I tend to get them mixed up.

Zombie Land is the sorta funny one with Woody Harrelson

Dawn of The Dead was in the mall

LAND of the Dead was with the hottie Aussie from the Mentalist where they evolve and learn and stuff. weird.

Quarantine was the rabies outbreak zombies.

Resident Evil, my favorite, was the global company test gone wrong.

There was the Quentin Tarantino one w Rose McGowan, what was that?

and the one where the kids leave school on vacation and end up in their rich friends panic room? Can't remember that one either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Those are weird outfits that look more like titillation than function. I've never seen RE.

I wouldn't have that much skin out for a zombie apocalypse.

A zombie full of seething hunger will bite through clothes. And too much clothing gives them a lot to grab onto to catch you. Something to think about.

You can not fully plan for the zombie apocalypse if you have not paid attention to the real (movie) examples!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You can't, but I'm not to around looking like some dudes boner fantasy of a zombie killer. Layers will be more bite protective than mesh and fishnet.

I didn't realize we were in disaster mode planning of a true zombie apocalypse. Carry on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Well, the thread title didn't say the zombie fakeopalyse, or the Dress Like a Sexy Zombie Fighter apocalypse. ;)

It's like those dumb Halloween costumes for women.

Until the zombies eat the dogs.

Depends on the type of zombie outbreak we have. Some zombies dont eat animals. totally ignores them. so having a dog as a guard would be a good option. Unless we talking t-virus zombies.
    Or mutated measles-as-cancer cure virus.

So many variables!