We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Back to mineral oil?

JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
I stopped using lotions that had it because it was bad and I always used too much.
Now I'm going to try it again because my mom bought one and I know she probably won't use it but I don't want it to go to waste.
I used only a little after washing my hair yesterday and my hair feels soft.I think I'll only use it on wet hair after its been washed.

Do you use hair lotions that contain mineral oil?

Comments

• SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used to use it to make my hair very soft, unfortunately, it only gave me "good hair" for a day, and shampooing it out killed my already dry hair. It just builds up too much for me.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I use straight baby oil on my underlayer because it tends to tangle. MONTH is the only thing that's kept the tangles to a minimum. I primarily co-wash and have had no issues with buildup.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Posts: 659Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    I use straight baby oil on my underlayer because it tends to tangle. MONTH is the only thing that's kept the tangles to a minimum. I primarily co-wash and have had no issues with buildup.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I've used straight baby oil as a sealer since May, and have had no buildup at all even though I CO wash. I wonder if this buildup people see when they use product containing mineral oil is actually lanolin or something else in the product and not actually the MO. :scratch:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file