We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

My hair won't dye????

DepressedCurlsDepressedCurls Posts: 836Registered Users
I used a Revlon colorsilk box dye in light blonde lastnight to ombre my hair. It didn't do anything! I also tried herbashine before too...and nothing! It'll get darker but how come my hair won't lift?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• LISA LISALISA LISA Posts: 566Registered Users
    You can't lighten haircolor with another haircolor. Blonde haircolor is not designed to lift out another permanent darker dye. You must remove the previously deposited dye with a dye remover like ColorOops or Color Fix, these do not cause damage and work really well. Then you can re-color your hair. I would not recommend using a bleach - but that would work too. Bleach is extremely damaging and the results are very often unpredictable and frightfully uneven - i.e light blonde roots with bozo-orange length.
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
  • DepressedCurlsDepressedCurls Posts: 836Registered Users
    LISA LISA wrote: »
    You can't lighten haircolor with another haircolor. Blonde haircolor is not designed to lift out another permanent darker dye. You must remove the previously deposited dye with a dye remover like ColorOops or Color Fix, these do not cause damage and work really well. Then you can re-color your hair. I would not recommend using a bleach - but that would work too. Bleach is extremely damaging and the results are very often unpredictable and frightfully uneven - i.e light blonde roots with bozo-orange length.

No, i ment like 6/7 months ago i tried to ombre my hair with a light brown dye, herbashine, and it did nothing. Then lastnight i tried again with a blonde one from revlon. It wasn't back to back.

It won't dye for some reason. I always get ammonia free dyes though. Is that possibly why? They work for some but maybe not my hair?

• MojoDojoMojoDojo Posts: 702Registered Users
    You can't lighten with a semi- or demi- permanent dye. It must be a permanent dye.....

I don't know the Revlon brand, but the Herbashine is not a permanent dye, which is why it didn't work.
    I AM THE NEANDERTHAL SLAYER!!!
    OH. That's what it was. I never knew that. When i bought it, they picked it out for me so i assumed they knew what they were talking about...ugh. Thank you a lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file