CurlTalk

if you like baking sody/ACV, what else do you use?

lynleylynley Posts: 6Registered Users
Been CG since March- still a LOT of trial and error, but I have noticed that my hair really likes baking soda/ACV. It's really bouncy for a while. I tend to prefer wash and go and don't spend a lot of time doing any deep conditioning, etc. Maybe I should.

If you are CG and like the soda/ACV rinse- what other products, especially cleansing do you love?

I think I'm 3A-B, fine, md porosity.
Thanks!

Comments

• KeihsKeihs Posts: 435Registered Users
    Do you mean commercial products or homemade natural recipes?
  • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Posts: 1,307Registered Users
    Hi lynley. I used BS/ACV, then switched to just ACV and it worked for a while, but as my hair is getting longer it gets extremely tangly so I just started using conditioner again last week. I think my best bet is to not use shampoo or conditioner on my scalp, and use it from the ears down- however it starts to become an issue when I plop my hair. I am also starting to use more products in my hair and ACV really helps with the build up. Also this method can get quite harsh if you do it too much. I would reccomend adding BS to your co wash as a clarifying cowash and see what that does for you. Keep me updated as I would love to hear your progress. Good Luck! :salut:
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
  • RizosMioRizosMio Posts: 141Registered Users
    I use a regular BS/ACV as a replacement to shampoo, so I still deep condition, moisturize and seal.

If you prefer something all natural, you can consider using clay (like rhassoul clay) if you want to whip up a DC at home. I hear tuscan green clay is even better than rhassoul but I have yet to try it.
  • bird19bird19 Posts: 66Registered Users
    I use BS/ACV as a cleanser, and I'm fine and porous, so not dissimilar to you. What else do I like....I still have to condition, otherwise my hair gets dry & crunchy, but I only do it every other time. I do IAGal's PT with the jello weekly.

I use a homebrew salt spray with mag sulfate and a half-and-half mix of aloe juice and water. I dampen and scrunch in the a.m. with a tiny bit of Mill Creek Keratin conditioner.

I use shea moisture shampoo, the hibiscus one, about once a month, my hair seems to like the variety.

I've tried to find gels, without much success.
    2a/2b, fine and thin
    new wavy!

currently using:
    cleansing: BS/ACV rinse weekly
    PT: Gelatin PT
    Conditioner: Desert Essences fragrance-free
    Styling: LOTD Aloe
  • mia62mia62 Posts: 9Registered Users
    how many times can you use ACV on your hair? and i color my hair but i have build up and i have been reading that ACV helps you remove build up
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users
    I really like the bs/acv however I've switched to mud washes and love it! It gives a deep clean without feeling stripped. But if I really want a deep clarifying mud wash I'll add acv in place of avj. I follow with a good deep conditioner and my hair comes out soft and bouncy :-)

Sent from my N861 using CurlTalk App
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC, Eco Styler
    Leave-In: KCKT, Garnier WB Coconut & Cocoa Butter LI
    Moisturizer: