CurlTalk

DIY Laundry soap and other household items

scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
Anyone make their own laundry soap or other household cleaners. I'm thinking about giving this recipe a try.

My mom always made her own windex. I'm going to look up some recipes and starting making my own stuff

Any one have any recipes?

I've also found recipes for
- liquid laundry
- dry laundry
- soft scrub
- frebreeze
- Hand soap
-Jet Dry
- Body wash
- all purpose cleaner
- disinfectant
- glass cleaner
- Furniture polish
- shower spray
- oxyclean
- Eye makeup remover

Homemade Laundry Detergent | Great Oak Circle, blog design, logo and print design, DIY blog

Or

Budget101.com - - Liss Favorite Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipe | Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipes

laundry-soap-homemeade.jpg

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Pixiecurl was into making her own laundry detergent for a while (along with dishwasher detergent). I recall her not liking it very much, but you could probably do some searches and find her reviews.

Personally, I have too much invested in clothing to subject them to this harsh stuff that will fade/wear-them-out faster. I love my Tide, and you'll have to pull the bottle out of my cold dead hands to get me to switch.
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    i'm with RCW with my cloths. I will stick to buying laundry soap. i love my gain.

But I sometimes use vinegar to clean my windows and always use newspaper to wipe clean.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Which ingredient are you referring to when you say "harsh stuff"?

ETA: #1 Im asking because many of the ingredients are the same and #2 I am still trying to decide which recipe to use
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,499Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    scrills, this blogger has a lot of recipes for homemade cleansers:

One Good Thing by Jillee
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    I make a few cleaners. Vinegar & baking soda are great to work with.

I haven't bothered making laundry detergent but probably will soon.

I make liquid body soap using a bar of gentle cleansing soap.

I found a deodorant recipe I'm excited to try & plan to try it out in the next week or two.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • reednaturally22reednaturally22 Posts: 49Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote: »
    scrills, this blogger has a lot of recipes for homemade cleansers:

One Good Thing by Jillee

I agree she has many DIY household recipes. I make my own dry laundry detergent. 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup borax, and a grated 8 oz. bar of soap. I think I actually got it from Jillee's blog. My next step is homemade dry dishwasher soap. Oh, yes. I made a gallon of liquid hand soap out of an 8oz bar of soap. This has really save us money with having a new baby in the house.