CurlTalk

Dominican hair care

A while back i had my hair done at a dominican salon and loved the shine i got when she was done. My hair felt healthy and looked great. Does anyone know any type of hair care products are used in the dominican republic for natural hair?? I am on an experimentation kick and am wondering what different cultures use. Btw, i am a 4a. Thx!!

Comments

• afrochickafrochick Posts: 235Registered Users
    Crecepelo deep treatment is great! It smells amazing and is cg. I'm def a fan of most Dominican deep treatments (probably because i'm dominican haha), even the ones with cones.
    3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
    Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
    Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel
  • triple_spiraltriple_spiral Posts: 249Registered Users
    afrochick wrote: »
    Crecepelo deep treatment is great! It smells amazing and is cg. I'm def a fan of most Dominican deep treatments (probably because i'm dominican haha), even the ones with cones.

Are there any other fave products you can recommend? I live in a very Dominican area, the beauty supply near me has a wall dominican/hispanic products that I want to experiment with, but I can never decide! I have crece pelo and like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4a?? Maybe 3c...some 4b??? No clue

tiny s-waves, coils, and spirals

- Cleanser: CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    - Co-wash: Suave Naturals or V05
    - RO: GVP Conditioning Balm or Tresemme Naturals
    -Stylers: Garnier Pure Clean Gel, CJ Aloe Fix, KCCC

"I remember your childhood hair....flowin' wild at the county fair" - kelley stoltz

"and all the hours that you've been sitting at your vanity....may they carry you far from your misery" - conor oberst
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    I looked at some Domican products on line but couldn't find anything silicone and mineral oil free. Any recs?
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • afrochickafrochick Posts: 235Registered Users
    I used to love 10 en 1 super conditioner and the sedal treatments. The sad part is that 90% of dominican conditioners have cones, but a lot of people still love them. Crecepelo is the only cg one I know of.
    3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
    Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
    Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel
  • PinupdollrawrPinupdollrawr Posts: 16Registered Users
    I loved using silicon mix