We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes

Learn more!

Having Trouble Updating Profile Photo

curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
Hi,

I'm having trouble updating my profile photo (not my curltalk avatar). I browse to find the picture and then I hit "update profile" at the bottom, but it won't update it.

Any ideas? TYIA!
:sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,670Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I just tested it and had the same problem! But then I noticed that I hadn't filled in my birthdate. I guess it wants everything to be complete or it gets hung up on other things and ignores the photo. After I fixed my birthdate, I was able to upload my pic just fine.
    So you might want to check that all the fields are filled out correctly and then try!

And I see that that pic is not linked to CurlTalk—not sure why that's the case; I'll have to ask.

Let me know!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
    Interesting, Gretchen. When I tried the first couple times, I had actually (coincidentally) already changed my birthdate to the correct date before I tried to update my picture, and it still wasn't working - but I didn't try to fill in all the other fields too (I don't want my last name on my profile).

HOWEVER - when I signed in today using Safari & Chrome it shows my profile picture updated - but still shows the old one if I use Firefox. Hmm...
    :sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,670Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    The plot thickens....!

I'll ask the developers if they have any ideas!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • elizardelizard Posts: 284Registered Users
    i've been trying to edit mine today using both chrome and IE. when i click the edit profile picture link, it takes me to the nc.com homepage. please help!
    2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
    RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
    stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
    DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
    elizard wrote: »
    i've been trying to edit mine today using both chrome and IE. when i click the edit profile picture link, it takes me to the nc.com homepage. please help!

Does this happen with both browsers?

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    yes, both browsers

stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
  • anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Posts: 659Registered Users
    It happens with firefox browser too.
    gretchen, is there any update? thanks!

I just sent the dev team another note, and let him know that multiple people are having the problem. Hopefully he can get it on their list asap.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • bellaviebellavie Posts: 64Registered Users
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I'll keep checking this thread to see if there is a solution.
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Pre-Poo:Conditioner & Avocado Oil or Jamaican Black Caster Oil or Coconut Oil
    Co-wash - One Hair for Dry Hair
    Moisturize - Coco curls or beija flore creme brulee
    Leave In - Shea Moisture Enhancing Smoothie
    Gel - Kinky Curly Custard, Deva Spray Gel
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:
    Deep Conditioner - Moroccan Oil Deep Conditioner or Caster Oil & Coconut Oil

Last Relaxer May 2006

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthereddragonfly.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    bellavie wrote: »
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I'll keep checking this thread to see if there is a solution.

And I'll let you know if the developers make any progress.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • TopigorawrTopigorawr Posts: 1Registered Users
    im having trouble too. i just signed up today and it wont let me edit my profile pic or any details. when i click edit my profile picture it takes me to the edit your account page.
  • Fantastic1221Fantastic1221 Posts: 356Registered Users
    Me too! I can't even access the edit profile section. Its like there's stuff missing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using CurlTalk App
    Is there any resolution to the profile photo issue. There seems to be other issues with the page. If you click to view all posts from a user you get an error also.
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:

Last Relaxer May 2006

• atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Moderators
    Doesn't seem to be a definitive answer -- I'm having the same problem myself (such an old picture I have up there -- ugh! lol). I'll keep checking in with the dev team to see what's up and let y'all know.
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | evelyn@naturallycurly.com | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl
    Any thought of switching forum platforms. I work for a high tech company and we use a tool called Lithium. They have a forum platform that offers a lot more flexibility than the naturally curly platform. Sephora and T-mobile use them. There seem to be a few User Experience issues with the NC forum that have been out there for a while...maybe the dev team might need more flexibility to make these changes without adversely impacting the community. (BTW...I'm not connected with Lithium...just thought you might want to know who they are and what they offer.)
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:

Last Relaxer May 2006

Thanks for the suggestion! Will pass along!
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | evelyn@naturallycurly.com | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl
    Is there an update to the technical issue with changing the profile image?
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:

Last Relaxer May 2006

No update yet :/
  • CalypsoCalypso Posts: 142Registered Users
    I think there is a problem with more then updating the photo. I tried to change my email and password and it won't let me update. It keeps saying that there is an error with my birthdate yet when I change it to how it is suggesting(mm-dd), it still won't update.
    3a/3b spirals and the occasional ringlet
    M/iii
    Normal porosity

Products I use:

Shampoo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner
    DT: Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Aqua-Immersion Creme Masque
    Styling: Homemade FSG with Lavender EO & AVJ/water mist spray containing Epsom Salt, Lavender EO

th_Underneath1.jpg
  • sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Posts: 1,862Registered Users
    I can't change my pic either. Been trying for 2 weeks now :angryfire:
    Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity :shock:
  • sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Posts: 1,862Registered Users
    I tried to change my profile pic, but the link takes me to edit my account, which only lets me change my name, email address, birthdate, etc. No where to change my pic. On top of that, it doesn't let me change my hair type either. I clicked on all the others and it doesn't change for any of them. I want to change my username and profile picture the most. Otherwise do I have to make a new account or something....?:angry3:
    Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity :shock:
    Yep super annoying!

• MontanaGirlMontanaGirl Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hi, I just wanted to add that I am brand new and can't get my account details edited at all really. I can't do a profile picture at all and that link, as well as others related to account details, take me back to the homepage or a survey about curl pattern. It's quite frustrating! I was able to get my signature completed the other day but it doesn't show the picture I attached (in lieu of a profile pic, I wanted to have one in my signature). I actually just went in to edit my signature and when I hit "Save", I was brought to a screen that says I haven't subscribed to any threads. Honestly, I am so confused. It's like the buttons/links/whatchamacallems don't match what they are supposed to. It's totally wonky. Thanks in advance for any help. Btw, I am using the Internet Explorer browser on a PC, if that helps!

:)

ETA: Regarding the birthday issue, I was prompted to enter my location, which I did, but when I submitted it I was told that I had not entered my birthday correctly (what the heck?). I couldn't find anywhere to enter my birthday! So strange!
    2C / 3A (3C underneath, at my nape)
    Coarse, Highly porous, Medium density, Normal elasticity, Length is past mid-back

Using:
    CO wash: Yes to Carrots conditioner
    LI: KCKT (love it!) :thumbright:
    Stylers: KCCC (awesome!)

*CG since 2-2-13
    *No to proteins and oils :sad3:
    *Recovering from a MAJOR overdose of protein (I had no idea there even was such a thing. Thanks, NC.com forum!)
    Hi MontanaGirl

So just to clarify, it looks like you're having problems with both the NaturallyCurly.com user account page AND the CurlTalk account page? Right now we are trying to fix the ability to edit a profile picture in NaturallyCurly, but the CurlTalk "edit signature" and photo section is working fine for me.

I will look into this and get back to you as soon as I can. :) And thanks for telling me your Internet browser! That helps A TON
  • MontanaGirlMontanaGirl Posts: 8Registered Users
    Yep, both. I've tried going in from the User CP tab as well as under my username at the top of the page.

Thanks again!
    2C / 3A (3C underneath, at my nape)
    Coarse, Highly porous, Medium density, Normal elasticity, Length is past mid-back

Using:
    CO wash: Yes to Carrots conditioner
    LI: KCKT (love it!) :thumbright:
    Stylers: KCCC (awesome!)

*CG since 2-2-13
    *No to proteins and oils :sad3:
    *Recovering from a MAJOR overdose of protein (I had no idea there even was such a thing. Thanks, NC.com forum!)
    hallelujah i think i just changed my profile picture!

ijtbcG.gif
  • jenna.cushatjenna.cushat Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hello. I really want to change my name. I logged in using my FB log in and just realized it has my name, which I really do not like. I was also looking into my pic and took me back to the first page. Can we fix this?
    Hello. I really want to change my name. I logged in using my FB log in and just realized it has my name, which I really do not like. I was also looking into my pic and took me back to the first page. Can we fix this?

Hi! This is sort of a two part problem:

1) Since your existing account is linked to Facebook, you'd have to cancel that account. It's not technically a NaturallyCurly.com username, it's pulling from Facebook, so there's nothing I can do on the NaturallyCurly.com side, except delete your account if you'd like. Then you can create a new account.

2) Keep in mind that a username change is not something we can do right now. I've had some issues in the past trying to change people's usernames and it turne into a big mess because our usernames "live" in places that I don't have access to right now. To truly change a username, I'd have to be able to change it in all places the username exists in our database. So once you make your new account, make sure you really want that name!

Does that sound doable? Sorry for any inconvenience.

About profile photo -- that is something I was working with the development/tech team to implement and we are in the troubleshooting phase. Some people on some browsers are able to update their profile photo and some aren't. We have to figure out exactly why in order to move forward.

What Internet browser are you using to be on NaturallyCurly.com?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file