Questions about Oil of Olay

lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
The Regenerist & Total Effects lines were brought up on the non-hair/gen discussions board.

I took a look at both lines, & then some, & was overwhelmed with the choices.

I didn't see a day/night moisturizer, so is it alright to use a daytime SPF moisturizer at night or vice versa? -- I was looking for an oil-free moisturizer & the only one I saw was the Complete All Day Moisture Lotion Combination/Oily.

Can I use the Total Effects Anti-Aging Anti-Blemish Daily Cleanser, daily, & the Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher or Daily Cleanser, weekly? -- The Regenerist cleansers have an exfoliant of some sort & I'm not sure if it's safe to use such daily.

I'm still trying to figure out if I need anything else from the Regenerist or other lines. Maybe something for the lines near the eyes & mouth, & on the forehead. :?

Or maybe I should just start with the basics & go from there once I find out from my doctor if I have excema patches & rosacea, & if I'm going to get a topical prescription for such, which might conflict with/react to other products. :?

Comments

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    I found these for the night lotions on the olay web site:
    Regenerist Night Recovery Moisturizing Treatment

Wake up to the look of a mini-lift each morning.
    Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Moisturizing Treatment doubles skin's surface cell regeneration rate vs. untreated skin - so you can wake up to the look of a mini-lift each morning. Using an exclusive nighttime amino-peptide complex with a time-release effect, Regenerist Night Recovery hydrates hour after hour while you sleep.

Suitable for everyday use for normal, dry and combination skin. Smooth over cleansed face and neck every evening.
    To learn more about Regenerist Night Recovery Moisturizing Treatment, talk to an
    Total Effects Night Firming Cream
    Sleep your way to visibly firmer, more supple skin.

Total Effects Night Firming Cream's non-greasy formula absorbs deep into your skin's surface to continuously tighten the upper network of skin cells, giving you visibly firmer, more supple skin. This fast-absorbing cream contains skin-strengthening VitaNiacin (an exclusive formulation of vitamin B3, vitamin E and pro-vitamin B5), wheat protein and hydrators.

Smooth on clean face and neck every night before sleep. Use enclosed applicator to dispense cream onto fingers. Gentle enough for everyday use.

oops...didn't your post carefully...you are looking for an oil free moisturizer.

regarding cleansers...what you wrote sounds good. although, i would pass on the thermal skin polisher (i have it...not impressed) and go for the Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System. This is a great product. but since you have eczema patches, you would have to wait until those heal to use this product.

using a sunscreen at night, hmmm...since you have oily skin, not sure if you want to do that. perhaps someone else can weigh in on that question.

oh you have eczema patches ( i have eczema, not on my face, but on my body, hands and sometimes on my neck). I would keep it simple.

i really like the cleansing cloths by either of the brands you mentioned. when i am too lazy to use my cleanser w/water, i use one of the cloths. if you don't wear makeup, you can cut them in half and still have plenty of cloth.

hmmm...i don't i was much help.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    wntrbloom wrote:
    regarding cleansers...what you wrote sounds good. although, i would pass on the thermal skin polisher (i have it...not impressed) and go for the Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System.

That's one of the other things I was looking at, but since I didn't write it down & didn't have a separate window open, I couldn't remember its name!

And this is a once weekly or once monthly product?
    wntrbloom wrote:
    using a sunscreen at night, hmmm...since you have oily skin, not sure if you want to do that. perhaps someone else can weigh in on that question.

I have a semi-oily T-zone. The "fear" of oils in any of my face products is why I looked at the Complete All Day Moisture Lotion Combination/Oily SPF that's oil-free. :?
    wntrbloom wrote:
    oh you have eczema patches ( i have eczema, not on my face, but on my body, hands and sometimes on my neck). I would keep it simple.

I might have such, I don't know yet. My doctor appointment isn't until the 14th & she may have to get me a dermatologist referral for that person to figure it out & treat me versus her treating me in-house.

Same with the possible rosacea on the forehead & cheeks, but most definitely the nose.
    yep...the Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System is really good.
    it can be used up to twice a week...alternating days (if I recall correctly). i haven't used it in awhile, because my schedule is all off...but it really smooths out the skin and makes it brighter. i think i will use it when i get home tonight.

even though you have a fear of oils, jojoba oil is great for t-zones. you only need a drop or two for your whole face. make sure it is the organic version.
    forgot: a decent sunscreen is neutrogena dry touch 40 or 55. i like the version with the Helioplex...it smells and feels nicer.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    wntrbloom wrote:
    forgot: a decent sunscreen is neutrogena dry touch 40 or 55. i like the version with the Helioplex...it smells and feels nicer.

I loved that sunscreen...then Target stopped carrying it near me. :cry:
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
    i meant to say without helioplex. that is what i get for answering posts at work... :oops: the ones with helioplex have a chemical fragrance.

WS-- you may want to look again at target. perhaps they were replacing the stock with the new ones with helioplex.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    wntrbloom wrote:
    i meant to say without helioplex. that is what i get for answering posts at work... :oops: the ones with helioplex have a chemical fragrance.

WS-- you may want to look again at target. perhaps they were replacing the stock with the new ones with helioplex.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check when I next go to Target. :D
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
    Thanks for the info!

I'll wait then until I've been seen by my doc or a dermatologist then about some of the items, but will consider the Neutrogena if the Purpose oil-free SPF 15 moisturizer, that I bought mainly for my son, doesn't work out.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Liz,
    I love the anti-blemish stuff. If you want me to give you a sample I could put some in a little container for you to try before you buy. It is somewhat grainy for exfoliating but very mild. It's not rough like a scrub. Lemme know.... :wink:

And then I use the night firming cream every other night. I think what has really helped me besides the Oil of Olay products is moving into a house with soft water. My skin has NEVER been this clear. The soft water has also done wonders for my daughters eczema.
    Pooky,

Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't be able to come get it from you (PMing you why) & it's not that expensive to buy & try. :D

I wish we had a water softener!
  • dabadckgrldabadckgrl Posts: 36Registered Users
    The Regenerist & Total Effects lines were brought up on the non-hair/gen discussions board.

I took a look at both lines, & then some, & was overwhelmed with the choices.

I didn't see a day/night moisturizer, so is it alright to use a daytime SPF moisturizer at night or vice versa? -- I was looking for an oil-free moisturizer & the only one I saw was the Complete All Day Moisture Lotion Combination/Oily.

Can I use the Total Effects Anti-Aging Anti-Blemish Daily Cleanser, daily, & the Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher or Daily Cleanser, weekly? -- The Regenerist cleansers have an exfoliant of some sort & I'm not sure if it's safe to use such daily.

My Mom and Grandma always used the Olay active hydrating beauty fluid. I tried the walmart knockoff and it is not as good as the Olay. I have tried the regenerist and the complete spf 15 for sensitive skin but the best is actually the cheaper original one.

I'm still trying to figure out if I need anything else from the Regenerist or other lines. Maybe something for the lines near the eyes & mouth, & on the forehead. :?

Or maybe I should just start with the basics & go from there once I find out from my doctor if I have excema patches & rosacea, & if I'm going to get a topical prescription for such, which might conflict with/react to other products. :?
    Colored & Highlighted, trying to cover the gray, 2c curls past my shoulders. Shea Moisture Thickening Shampoo, Leave in Kinky Curly Knot, Next day curl refresher spray: kinky curly curling custard mixed with distilled water and Jojoba oil. Pomade Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade. Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz.
  • CelticCurlsCelticCurls Posts: 558Registered Users
    I have loved Olay's sunscreen moisturziers for years. Complete is wonderful & b'coz it used zinc oxide, no irritation & the bonus of it being anti-acne (nice effect of zinc).

But I hated their anti-aging products. I've tried Total Effects. A greasy, moistureless texture. Feels like silicone WD-40 on my face. Yuck. Highly perfumed too. Then I tried the serum version. Just yuck. Worst of all was the Regenerist foam moisturzier. It is so sticky & never dries that after an hour of laying in bed stuck to my silk pillowcase, I washed it off, put on my Laura Mercier, and returned the Olay to Costco the next day. In fact, I returned all 3 of those products over the year I tried them.

But love the daily moisturizers. Can't say enough about those. 10 yrs of use has resulted in no wrinkles on my 40 yr old face. :D
    3B, bra-strap length
    laidback, very-modified CGer
    HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file