CurlTalk

Just out of curiosity, are shampoo bars considered CG?

I low-poo and use shampoo bars, and co-wash in between, and have always considered myself mod CG but not because of the shampoo bars but because of occasional sulfate use. But I've noticed a lot of people say that using shampoo bars makes you mod CG? What is about shampoo bars that makes them not CG?
2a/b
medium/thick
high porosity (from coloring)

Shampoo: Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
Co-wash: Chistophe Robin Lemon Cleansing Cream
RO: CJ strengthening, Kenra moisturizing
LI: Jessicurl Aloeba
DT: CJ rehab, Christophe Robin Prickly Pear Mask
PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 minute
Stylers: Jessicurl RR, SS Firm Hold Gel
Oils: caudalie, sweet almond

Comments

• StellarCurlsStellarCurls Posts: 159Registered Users
    I would think it would depend on the shampoo bar. If it's something like a Lush bar that contains sulfates it would not be CG, but I don't see why shampoo bars made of saponified oils would not be CG since they don't contain any detergents.
    APL 3A
    Medium porosity, medium density, medium thickness
    Current routine: Daily co-washing with Giovanni conditioner (whatever is on sale), styling with Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier, and 1-2x per week cleansing with a Chagrin Valley shampoo bar followed by an ACV rinse
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    When soap/shampoo bars were the "rage" a few years ago, there was a lot of discussion about that. Although the ones I use are saponified oils only, I've always considered myself modified CG--I'm a curly who doesn't cowash. It really doesn't matter. What matters is the final result.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seamelody14seamelody14 Posts: 282Registered Users
    The ones I use are Chagrin Valley and Bobeam, which as far as I know are sulfate free and just made of saponified oils.
    2a/b
    medium/thick
    high porosity (from coloring)

Shampoo: Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
    Co-wash: Chistophe Robin Lemon Cleansing Cream
    RO: CJ strengthening, Kenra moisturizing
    LI: Jessicurl Aloeba
    DT: CJ rehab, Christophe Robin Prickly Pear Mask
    PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 minute
    Stylers: Jessicurl RR, SS Firm Hold Gel
    Oils: caudalie, sweet almond