CurlTalk

A Modest Proposal? Nope! GOP legislator actually wants parents to murder their kids

EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
And he's anti-choice, as if that comes as a surprise.
Link to article
The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellioius [sic] children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21. ... Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority.

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    I don't understand how someone who's pro-life could seriously propose this. I don't understand how anyone could propose it. It must be satire. Or maybe he's just not too swift. (Ha! Get it...? Swift? nvm...)
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    He sounds nuts.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I truly believe at least half if not most men who are anti choice are not really about preserving life but controlling a woman's body.
    ^^^Only the men?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • yossarianyossarian Posts: 967Registered Users
    ^^^Only the men?

Excellent point: what about all these women on the lunatic fringe? Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Virginia Foxx (no relation to Redd), Ann Coulter, Phyllis Schlafly (yes, she's still alive!, Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham etc.

The problem is religious fundamentalism, and its inherent chauvanism.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
    2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
    Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
    Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
    Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
    PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
    yossarian wrote: »
    ^^^Only the men?

Excellent point: what about all these women on the lunatic fringe? Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Virginia Foxx (no relation to Redd), Ann Coulter, Phyllis Schlafly (yes, she's still alive!, Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham etc.

The problem is religious fundamentalism, and its inherent chauvanism.
    Welp, I'm pro-life too (anti-choice, as some of you call it). It has nothing to do with controlling anyone. I was pro-life before I became religious and my mother is pro-choice.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    Yes, I always miss the weird news. What are they drinking in AR?!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    Josephine wrote: »
    I truly believe at least half if not most men who are anti choice are not really about preserving life but controlling a woman's body.
    In this case both the woman and the child are the man's property. The woman can't have an abortion because she's the vessel for the man's fetal property. And later, when the child property displeases the man, he can dispose of it.

eta:
    I don't understand how someone who's pro-life could seriously propose this.
    He's not pro-life. He just feels very strongly about property rights.
  • B-Nessa11B-Nessa11 Posts: 1,050Registered Users
    People need to stop using bible verses as a way to justify dumbazz views.

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
    Who's My Hair?
    3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
    BC- May 16, 2010
    Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
    Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
    LUVVV my natural hair!!! :iconbiggrin: