CurlTalk

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner?

leciaalovelyyleciaalovelyy Posts: 5Registered Users
Have any of you tried this product & if so do you like it?

Comments

• BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    ^^^ Da fuq?

(*Not the OP, the follow up spammy add below her post... In case it gets deleted. :p)
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • txwvy32txwvy32 Posts: 161Registered Users
    I LOVED it before I went CG. It was thick but not too thick and smells great. It kept my dry frizzy hair very nice and moisturized but it has silicones in it so I put it off for now. I think it's well worth trying it. You may also like the Oil Moisturizer. ^_^
    2(I have no idea what pattern), low porosity, mix of medium and coarse, dense

*Have just discovered the amazingness that is the "Spritz and Condish" routine* :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Conditioner
    RO: GVP CB, Garnier Triple Nutrition
    LI : Whatever conditioner I used + EVOO or Argon oil
    Stylers: Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Creme, EcoStyler Gel (krystal)
  • leciaalovelyyleciaalovelyy Posts: 5Registered Users
    txwvy32 wrote: »
    I LOVED it before I went CG. It was thick but not too thick and smells great. It kept my dry frizzy hair very nice and moisturized but it has silicones in it so I put it off for now. I think it's well worth trying it. You may also like the Oil Moisturizer. ^_^

I think I'll try that. :) & also what is CG?
  • txwvy32txwvy32 Posts: 161Registered Users

I think I'll try that. :) & also what is CG?

CG is "Curly Girl" method where basically you do away with all sulfates and all silicones that are not water soluable. Instead of shampoo you conditioner wash or "cowash" your hair. Its a book by Loraine Massey that teaches you how to care for curly hair according to what your individual hair properties are. Great read, I recommend it. ^_^ You can also read the threads under the "Trying the no shampoo method" to get an idea of what it all involves too.
    2(I have no idea what pattern), low porosity, mix of medium and coarse, dense

*Have just discovered the amazingness that is the "Spritz and Condish" routine* :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Conditioner
    RO: GVP CB, Garnier Triple Nutrition
    LI : Whatever conditioner I used + EVOO or Argon oil
    Stylers: Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Creme, EcoStyler Gel (krystal)
  • AllureVisageAllureVisage Posts: 2Registered Users
    Yea I've tried it. I've been using it on and off for years
  • LdybugLdybug Posts: 2Registered Users
    I am currently using it and I do like it!
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users

Ditto.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • tenapaigetenapaige Posts: 208Registered Users
    I used this and it worked really well but then it started drying my hair out I dont understand :( but u should also try shea moisture products its a little more pricey though
  • Aerogirl530Aerogirl530 Posts: 135Registered Users
    I used it while I was transitioning and I'm still using it now that I'm natural its great for moisture and preventing frizz also definition (:

Sent from my SCH-I405 using CurlTalk App
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    It is not CG so of course my hair absolutely hates it. Very drying from the buildup.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • simplegurlsimplegurl Posts: 6Registered Users
    No complaints except for the white residue that sometimes get left behind