CurlTalk

name a product you miss and a great new one

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
I miss Ludens Honey Cough Drops! I can't believe they're gone. i bought Halls instead, yuck in the extreme! I couldn't get that foul taste out of my mouth.

I think Ludens still makes cherry cough drops. I'll see if I can find those.

Meanwhile, I discovered Ghirardelli's Unsweetened Cocoa. OMG - so much better than Hersheys. I had assumed all cocoa would be the same. (I see Saria coming after me with a bat). I mix it with sugar and milk mmmmm. :coffee2:
How about you? Anything you miss and what have you discovered?
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Ricola has a honey throat lozenge.

I miss the original version of BHRG.

Magnum double caramel ice cream bars. Sounds like a condom name though. LOL.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    xcptnl wrote: »
    Ricola has a honey throat lozenge.

I miss the original version of BHRG.

Magnum double caramel ice cream bars. Sounds like a condom name though. LOL.

:sign5:

P.S. Thanks for the info about Ricola. I'll try those.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    Um, this just made me want cough drops. Cough drops remind me of being a kid.

I miss Alpine White. Also reminds me of being a kid.

White-Chocolate1.jpg

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I still miss Salon Selectives Loosely Defined. It was the single best hair product ever. It's probably been almost 10 years since it was readily available but I still long for it. :(
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
    Also, honey cough drops are still listed on the Luden's website.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users
    I miss: modern organic products c system hydrating conditioner

I love: Herbal essences honey I'm strong conditioner butts its no match for mop

Every teardrop is a waterfall
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    Also, honey cough drops are still listed on the Luden's website.

Fortunately, my cough is gone - I just had a cold, my first in a long time.

Thanks for alerting me, though! :toothy4:
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    I still miss Salon Selectives Loosely Defined. It was the single best hair product ever. It's probably been almost 10 years since it was readily available but I still long for it. :(

Can I tell you that was EXACTLY what I was going to say? I was going to call it SSLD and see how many fans were still in mourning. I
    miss that stuff terribly. Also Vidal Sassoon detangling cream rinse.
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Curls spiral curl cream. I used that stuff for almost a year, and it was perfect. I got great, consistent results no matter what the weather. I never once felt the need to try anything else.

And then she changed the formula. It was okay after that, but not as good.

And then she stopped selling it all together, and I've refuse to even look at Curls products since.
    Eres o te haces?
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    I miss Sauer spices and extracts. No, it was not the best brand in the world but it was the only brand sold in my local grocery stores for many years. Nothing has tasted the same to me since they pulled them from every store shelf. Even other brands of black pepper seem lacking.

I'm not sure if it was discontinued or if they are still being made and distributed.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CGNYC wrote: »

Can I tell you that was EXACTLY what I was going to say? I was going to call it SSLD and see how many fans were still in mourning. I
    miss that stuff terribly. Also Vidal Sassoon detangling cream rinse.
    I don't know if it's back or this is just really, really old, but I ordered two bottles.

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
    Ooh, and the great new product... Revlon Photoready 3D Volume mascara. I had mentioned, on a mascara thread, that this would be my HG if it were waterproof. The original smudged far too much.

They finally made a waterproof version!!
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Almost Home cookies. Those were the food equivalent of crack. They were soft and chewy, unlike most other store brand cookies that are hard and taste like cardboard. They haven't been around in about 20 years and I still miss them.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    I miss Sauer spices and extracts. No, it was not the best brand in the world but it was the only brand sold in my local grocery stores for many years. Nothing has tasted the same to me since they pulled them from every store shelf. Even other brands of black pepper seem lacking.

I'm not sure if it was discontinued or if they are still being made and distributed.

They definitely are still being made - Sauer is based in Richmond, VA. There was just a lengthy article on them in the newspaper a few days ago. Here's where their site says their products are sold in NC

Bo's
    Family Foods
    Farmer's Foods
    Hill's
    Conner's Supermarket - Buxton
    Smith's Food Pride - Chocowinity
    Farm Fresh - Elizabeth City
    Food-A-Rama - Manteo
    Smith's Red & White - Rocky Mount
    Piggly Wiggly - Select locations
    Wal-Mart - Select Locations
    CGNYC wrote: »
    i still miss salon selectives loosely defined. It was the single best hair product ever. It's probably been almost 10 years since it was readily available but i still long for it. :(

can i tell you that was exactly what i was going to say? I was going to call it ssld and see how many fans were still in mourning. I
    miss that stuff terribly. Also vidal sassoon detangling cream rinse.
    i don't know if it's back or this is just really, really old, but i ordered two bottles.

yes! Score!
    B-wavy wrote: »
    Fifi.G wrote: »

They definitely are still being made - Sauer is based in Richmond, VA. There was just a lengthy article on them in the newspaper a few days ago. Here's where their site says their products are sold in NC

Bo's
    Family Foods
    Farmer's Foods
    Hill's
    Conner's Supermarket - Buxton
    Smith's Food Pride - Chocowinity
    Farm Fresh - Elizabeth City
    Food-A-Rama - Manteo
    Smith's Red & White - Rocky Mount
    Piggly Wiggly - Select locations
    Wal-Mart - Select Locations

Thank you for the info, B-Wavy. The only store we have, in a 40 mile radius, on that list is Walmart. It's not a select location. Dang the luck! At least I now know and can stock up if I find it.

I always loved their paprika. Potato salad has not been the same without it. Same goes for different cakes with extract. It's not horrible, but its not the same childhood taste.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    PSF Gentle Cleansing Castile. :angry7:

I'll have to come back to the new product part.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read anything about cocoa.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,245Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The original Herbal Essence shampoo from back in the 70's. It was horrid for my hair but the smell was so good. I can still smell it.
    Cinnamon Bubs Daddy gum. Super hot and flavorful. They might still sell it online but there's no way it tastes like it used to.
    I don't think there's anything I miss more that Cover Girl Marathon mascara. Have spent a fortune and have found nothing close.

I love all the different kinds of dark high % cacao chocolate available in any grocery store.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Fifi, if there's any Sauers stuff you want, put a list together & PM me - I'll gladly get it & send it to you.

Jeep, oh my word, I l.o.v.e.d. the old, dark green Herbal Essence shampoo fragrance! I can still smell it and the old-time Breck shampoo also.

A product I miss is the Herbal Essence Humidity Defying gel that was available when I first joined this site. It was the only hair product that worked for me consistently AND all by itself. Boo.

Completely unrelated to any of the above, a new product I love is Sally Hansen Diamond Flash fast-drying top coat. I *think* missbanjo recommended it on the nail polish thread. Great stuff.
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    I miss "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific," because it really did smell terrific. "Lemon Up" was nice, too, although I think it stripped your (gy) hair.

Concord Grape pop-tarts were excellent. So were Danish Go Rounds, but only my brother and I remember those.

I also miss quaaludes, though I never failed to disgrace myself after taking one.

And there were those weird shaped faintly Swedish telephones; loved 'em.

A great new product is "They're Real!" mascara by Benefit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,245Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hahaha. Claude, you reminded me how much I miss Darvon and Black Beauties.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    hahaha. Claude, you reminded me how much I miss Darvon and Black Beauties.

ooooo...I miss pot.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    I miss hash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
    claudine19 wrote: »
    I miss hash.

One of my roommates from college always had the best hash and other stuff. The funny thing was she was the daughter of a cop. I wish I could remember what the name of the ones that looked like the candies stuck to paper. Dots? Or is that the candy name? LOL
    Central Massachusetts

Hahaha! I love where this conversation went.

Thank you again B Wavy! That would be great.

I miss the smell of wella balsam and apple pectin.

And I absolutely miss parts of my misspent youth. I have plans to revisit it when I'm 80.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    I used to miss Nestlé Quik Cookies & Cream flavor.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
    claudine19 wrote: »

A great new product is "They're Real!" mascara by Benefit.

Glad to read this. I just picked this up yesterday.
  • ChaklatChaklat Posts: 89Registered Users
    I Miss: Herbal Essence body wash, it smelled delicious.
    I Miss: Magnolia Blossom perfume from Bath and Body Works.
    I Miss: Creme of Nature original formula shampoo.

New find: Herbal Essence Honey I'm Strong

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using CurlTalk App
  • GoldenBlazeGoldenBlaze Posts: 342Registered Users
    Chaklat wrote: »
    I Miss: Herbal Essence body wash, it smelled delicious.
    I Miss: Magnolia Blossom perfume from Bath and Body Works.
    I Miss: Creme of Nature original formula shampoo.

New find: Herbal Essence Honey I'm Strong

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using CurlTalk App

Yes I remember Creme of Nature's original formula. I have a little of the shampoo left. It's old but I'm clinging to it...lol
  • GoldenBlazeGoldenBlaze Posts: 342Registered Users
    I miss Dove Go Fresh body wash with the eucalyptus oil in it. Made my whole body tingle. I miss Soft Batch chocolate chip and Jackson's BIG soft lemon cookies (old school).

However I have found a GREAT love in coconut oil and comfort in my hair pamper days. Since being unemployed, doing my hair has been a needed comfort and uplift.