We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

There is a word....

kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
There is a word I am trying to find.

It describes an event which happens one and only once. It is as a result of its environment and can never be replicated. The closest I got was phenomenon but that's not it.
I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
"

Comments

• XyzXyz Posts: 685Registered Users
    What about: spontaneous, inexplicable, unprecedented, impromptu, involuntary, unpremeditated, instinctive or unrivaled

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Is it a noun or adjective?
    ehLB.jpg
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    Thanks, XYZ. It's not any of those....the word I'm thinking of carries of connotation of "this will never be replicated."

gah!
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
    sarah42 wrote: »
    Is it a noun or adjective?

If I could remember it I would be sure. I'm leaning towards adjective, but I suspect it could be both.
    "
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    Anomaly?

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • XyzXyz Posts: 685Registered Users
    You could say isolated, peerless, or exclusive.

Oh juana's is good!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    Lallapalooza?

lol·la·pa·loo·za   [lol-uh-puh-loo-zuh] Show IPA
    noun Slang .
    an extraordinary or unusual thing, person, or event; an exceptional example or instance.

That's all I've got now. lol
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
    juanab wrote: »
    Anomaly?

This is actually pretty close......:occasion7:
    "
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Aberration
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Aberration or singularity?
    ehLB.jpg
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    Event horizon.

That's probably not it, but I thought of it and I have a compulsion to post about it :occasion7:
    sarah42 wrote: »
    Aberration or singularity?

I thought about singularity but I rejected it. I may revisit it.
    Saria wrote: »

Hmmmm.....this, singularity and anomaly are at the top of the list.
    "
    Aberration

Aberration has a negative connotation to it.
    "
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ELE (pronounced Ellie)...Extinction Level Event.

Or, how about Armageddon.
    Dear, Flying Spaghetti Monster! No.

Let me explain what I am trying to describe, maybe it will help. I want to say that Singapore's Economic Model cannot be replicate because the growth they achieved was a consequence of a convergence of international and domestic factors which are unlikely to reoccur.
    "
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    unparalleled
    Used that one already :toothy1:
    "
    ordained?
    Is it like a cosmic or unlinear experience?
    It's like the whole world or cosmos is spinning and hurling towards this one ordained time and that strikes at the perfect time and sets into motion a sequence of events that no one could predict. Like some big old celetial being is bowling and we're the pins and time is the ball. Sometimes the strike just comes out of the blue and lights up the scoreboard of life...
    ^^^^

That's what I want! That one!!!!!!
    "
    Sold!
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Convergence?
    Confluence?
    Synergy?
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Contingent? Doesn't have the "once and only once" sense to it, but it seems like it could be the word you're looking for.
    In search of a lost signature...
    I've used convergence (just typed it in fact), and Ursula, you are right about contingent. I am starting to not think the word exists. The most I can do is use one of the words listed here and then try and elaborate on what exactly I am trying to say.

Thanks so much, guys.
    "
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Perfect storm?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    That is actually a good one.
    "
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've got it!

Kizmet
    That's also a good one RCW. Right now I am leaning toward the perfect storm analogy :) My lecturer will love it.
    "

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file