We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Newbie Help

LalaCntHearULalaCntHearU Posts: 36Registered Users
Hi fellow Curlies,

I decided to go natural almost 2 months ago. I had a few relaxers between 8th grade and my sophomore year of high school ( last relaxer). from my junior year up until I turned 20 I've been straightening my hair, which resulted in having curls in some parts and straight pieces in other :(. I decided I wanted to stop and go back to my natural curl! From the new growth I have I believe I'm a 3c. I wanted to know what can I do for the heat damage, maybe a protein treatment?..and a good moisturizer for fine hair but that's not to heavy.
3c/4a I Think. Trying to grow long, strong, beautiful curls.:D
Transitioning from heat damage:angry3:

Lo Poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo, Curl Junkie Daily Fix
R/O: Shea Moisture Conditioners, Tresemme Naturals
LI/Stylers: Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Transitioning Milk, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream, Cantu Curl Activator Kinky Curly Knot Today, Eco Styler
Others: Curls Rehab, Shea Moisture Purification Mask, Jojoba oil, JBCO, Dominican DCs

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users
    Welcome, LalaCntHearU! For now, you may want to focus on moisture. Regular deep treatments will help. Be sure you're not using products that may block moisture from getting into your hair. Silicones are notorious for that. Read as much as you can here. There's lots of great info and help on these boards.
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • LalaCntHearULalaCntHearU Posts: 36Registered Users
    Thank you. Ill try to do more deep conditioning treatments. And yes I've been cutting out silicone's and following the cg method. I'm having trouble finding a leave-in/moisturizer that works for me and doesn't have silicone's.

LI/Stylers: Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Transitioning Milk, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream, Cantu Curl Activator Kinky Curly Knot Today, Eco Styler
    Others: Curls Rehab, Shea Moisture Purification Mask, Jojoba oil, JBCO, Dominican DCs
  • mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users
    I love the Tresemme Naturals conditioner. It's very moisturizing and as a leave-in, it doesn't leave me greasy or weighed down.
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
    I love that conditioner i use it for co-washing and regular conditioning after a shampoo. I was unsure if its ok to use a rinse-out as a leave-in.

• shaylee12shaylee12 Posts: 23Registered Users
    I use the tresemme naturals as both cowash and leave in. Absolutely love it for both.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using CurlTalk App
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,001Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome, LalaCntHearU! Glad to have you here in our curlyworld!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Hi, thanx!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file