CurlTalk

I was given a weaker lens prescriptions.

ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
The first man who examed me, told me my eyes were exactly the same as before. But the doctor who checks me out at the end gave me a weaker prescription. She said I don't need as strong a prescription as I currently have. And they might be blurry at first but I will get used to it.

I thought it was a bit weird but I ordered a pair anyway to see how they are. Anybody else ever given a weaker prescription?
3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    I got a weaker prescription for myopia (nearsightedness) as I got older, because commonly as you get older you get farsighted. I never had any blurriness though. Somehow that doesn't seem right to me. ?? :confused1:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • MultitexturedMultitextured Posts: 68Registered Users
    It could be that the previous person who examined you was erring on the side of over-correcting, or that you were tired that day...unfortunately eye tests still have a subjective component to them. I was initially told I had an astigmatism, only to find out later that this was not the case. When I got new glasses, they did feel different, but I adapted quickly...and stopped getting so many headaches!

Ultimately, you will know what rx works best for you. A good test is how comfortable you feel driving at night.
    HTH!
    2c, 3a, something like that... Curl-curious?
  • ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
    curlypearl wrote: »
    I got a weaker prescription for myopia (nearsightedness) as I got older, because commonly as you get older you get farsighted. I never had any blurriness though. Somehow that doesn't seem right to me. ?? :confused1:

I think she might have meant things will seem less bright and clear to me but it will clear up fast. I am nearsighted as well. And she said I probably need them more so for reading things on a computer screen.
    It could be that the previous person who examined you was erring on the side of over-correcting, or that you were tired that day...unfortunately eye tests still have a subjective component to them. I was initially told I had an astigmatism, only to find out later that this was not the case. When I got new glasses, they did feel different, but I adapted quickly...and stopped getting so many headaches!

Ultimately, you will know what rx works best for you. A good test is how comfortable you feel driving at night.
    HTH!

Thank you!

I will see how the new prescription is.
    3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
    Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
    DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
    Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued