CurlTalk

Things to make hair grow back faster after cut??

4everchantel4everchantel Posts: 15Registered Users
Sooo I just cut off like 3 inches of my hair because of split ends and got it layered. I am so not used to this shorter style because I can't do what I use to when it was long and all the same length...so are there any growth regime or advice you can give me to help it grow back?? ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1349311774.533760.jpg

Comments

• ShayShampagneShayShampagne Posts: 114Registered Users
    Dont do anything to it and drink tons of water. I would recommend another thing I used that is helping me but I don't think you'd want to try it, lol

Sent from my SCH-R720 using CurlTalk App
  • MissKrisMissKris Posts: 288Registered Users
    I'm about to do the nastiest tasting detox in the world.........so hit me wit it!!!!!!

Birth Feb 1984, First press 1990, First relaxer 1992, Last relaxer Oct 2006, BC Sept 2007, 4c.....
  • JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
    I'm doing a test of 60 days with scalp massages to see if it helps my hair grow.I too got a trim that took off 1-2 inches to even out my hair but I still have layers.I use to like having layers but now that I'm not going to straighten it for a while its kind of hard to manage.I can't do big braids to sleep in because it'll unravel.

I like your hair &I bet it'll look alsome when its longer

~Tips~
    Skip shampooing or atleast dilute it
    Deep condition weekly
    Do a scalp massage atleast twice a week
    Eat healthy
    Drink 'healthy' like water milk juice tea
    Exercise
    Keep your stress level down
    Vitamins might help
    Avoid wearing tight ponytails and buns
    Avoid excessive direct heat use
    Monistat lol

Monistat lol

Really? I haven't tried that.I heard it causes headaches too.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't really believe anything topical can help hair grow faster. I think the rate of hair growth is governed by internal systems like hormones.

Just eat a really healthy diet with lots of protein - hair is made up of protein, and get rest.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • MissKrisMissKris Posts: 288Registered Users
    I made an MN mix..

Equate Miconazole Nitrate cream(Monistat is too expensive)
    Jojoba oil, coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil, vitamin E oil
    EOs >>>> sage, rosemary, tea tree, neem, and peppermint

Shook it all up in a pointed tip bottle....we shall see how it works. I massage my scalp on every application. No headaches...

I'm also taking biotin. One 10,000mcg capsule a day.

Birth Feb 1984, First press 1990, First relaxer 1992, Last relaxer Oct 2006, BC Sept 2007, 4c.....
  • 7OH4_QC7OH4_QC Posts: 57Registered Users
    That is a whole NEW thread. Lol.. I have a friend that is doing it, but she is so incosistent. Please keep me posted on results @ShayShampagne

Beauty In Kinks #704
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't really believe anything topical can help hair grow faster. I think the rate of hair growth is governed by internal systems like hormones.

Just eat a really healthy diet with lots of protein - hair is made up of protein, and get rest.

Your hair is not going to grow any faster than it normally does. Focus on the health of your hair which is affected by your diet and what you put on it.

Potions, and concoctions do not work!

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
    Ya I was thinking how extensive monistat would be to keep using.Unless you buy a no name at the dollar store.

Id love to see your results!
    MissKris wrote: »
    I made an MN mix..

Equate Miconazole Nitrate cream(Monistat is too expensive)
    Jojoba oil, coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil, vitamin E oil
    EOs >>>> sage, rosemary, tea tree, neem, and peppermint

Shook it all up in a pointed tip bottle....we shall see how it works. I massage my scalp on every application. No headaches...

I'm also taking biotin. One 10,000mcg capsule a day.

It worked for me, really. I used the equate walmart kind and mixed it with doo gro oil and I saw results. Imma try to post pics

The one in the red was two weeks ago exactly. I remember cause it was a saturday & I went to work with my granny.

The last two I took yesterday. Now yall do the math. Believe it or not but the proof is right there. I only got a slight headache the first time I used it. Im not using it anymore cause I'm going to get hairfinity but I may use them together for double the growth.

• jmartinezjmartinez Posts: 126Registered Users
    Another cool way to grow is the cayenne pepper oil or pepperment oil. Both have been scientifically proven to bring circulation to the scalp. I put some drops a peppermint oil in my shampoo and did the cayenne pepper oil treatment before each wash. I got my half inch of growth in 3 weeks instead of the usual month. Im going into the fourth week since i started and its still growing.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
    jmartinez wrote: »
    Another cool way to grow is the cayenne pepper oil or pepperment oil. Both have been scientifically proven to bring circulation to the scalp. I put some drops a peppermint oil in my shampoo and did the cayenne pepper oil treatment before each wash. I got my half inch of growth in 3 weeks instead of the usual month. Im going into the fourth week since i started and its still growing.

Ya I use to have peppermint oil but I ran out and haven't bought it since.Also rosemary oil can help.I haven't tried cayenne pepper but would using the powder for cooking be the same?
    Where do y'all get peppermint oil from?

I got mine from Health Unlimited.I think it was about $9 with tax.
    Yep, i got mine from meijers

• jdutchjdutch Posts: 8Registered Users
    I would work on staying hydrated and eating a lot of green vegetables and organic grass fed meats. Stay away from gluten and processed foods because your body will be fighting off bad toxins instead of regrowing healthy hair.
  • 7OH4_QC7OH4_QC Posts: 57Registered Users
    Are you still getting results from the cream?
    It worked for me, really. I used the equate walmart kind and mixed it with doo gro oil and I saw results. Imma try to post pics

Beauty In Kinks #704
    7OH4_QC wrote: »
    Are you still getting results from the cream?

Beauty In Kinks #704

After I speed using it I saw results but now that I stopped I don't see results. I'm going to get more soon though, that way I can document my progress better than last time.

• bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Posts: 1,307Registered Users
    i swear by coconut oil!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
    I'm using oil with cayenne pepper powder but its no joke when it goes in your eyes.I can't tell if its working but I think it is.
    Yeah it burns like crazy if it gets in your eyes. Did you feel tingling in your scalp?

Nope I thought I didn't put enough but my ears and lips were burning too!Maybe I should have warmed the oil but my hair has a lot of particles. I've been doing these treatments about twice a week for the past 2 weeks.

I'm planning on doing it all throughout November and if I run out I'm going to a honey&cinnamon mixture.
  • liza.duffelliza.duffel Posts: 1Registered Users
    If you make the commitment to closely follow the five steps below, not only will you grow long hair but your hair will be in beautiful condition throughout the process. Read my tips below...

1. Comb your hair daily. This will help stimulate hair growth. Even if you’re at work, be sure to take constant breaks to brush your hair, just don’t get caught.

2. Moisturize your hair. Find a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that adds volume to your hair.

3.Use hair packs once a week to put sustenance in your hair. Much the same as your skin, hair too requires some product of spoiling on a general foundation and cutting edge hair packs help give a clean sparkle to your hair.

4. Trim your hair regularly. You want to do this to get rid of split ends and to add shape to your hair.

5. Uphold to an exceptional diet. Your hair too requires the reliable support of an adjusted eating regimen to develop well. Just ensure that all your meals have enough protein and iron in them.

And Finally, If you have 2 minutes - I will share you my story "How I Make My Hair Grow Faster, Longer, Thicker and More Beautiful in 15 Days". Read my full story at How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster, Longer, and Thicker in 15 Days!