We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Anyone here who just can't scrunch?

txwvy32txwvy32 Posts: 161Registered Users
I have found through trial and error that any method of scrunching just gives me frizz and i'm done with it now. I might not get the curl my hair has potential for but I'd rather have looser waves and limited frizz. Anyone else have to avoid scrunching?
2(I have no idea what pattern), low porosity, mix of medium and coarse, dense

*Have just discovered the amazingness that is the "Spritz and Condish" routine* :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Conditioner
RO: GVP CB, Garnier Triple Nutrition
LI : Whatever conditioner I used + EVOO or Argon oil
Stylers: Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Creme, EcoStyler Gel (krystal)

Comments

• CurlyInMemphisCurlyInMemphis Posts: 9Registered Users
    Hmm...I know if I fuss with my hair too much before it dries, I get big-time frizz. Usually, I scrunch in my product, clip the roots, then leave it alone until it's dried. Sometimes I even have trouble with using a diffuser in terms of frizz-creation.

Once it's dry, I'll scrunch out the crunch and be frizz free.
    3a/3b normal porosity & density. Curly Girl since August of 2012
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    No-Poo: DevaCare
    Rinse Out: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Leave In: (Still working on it...right now using a small amount of Deva Care "One Condition")
    Styling: Curl Keeper, Jessicurl Rockin’ Ringlets, DevaCurl Styling Creme, and Arc AnGell
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    Opposite, actually. I have found over time that the curlier I can get it to look while it's wet, the less frizz will result. I assume this is because it's already in its shape so then is able to dry without trying to shrink up as it dries? But scrunching a lot for me = curlier and less frizzy; avoiding the scrunching = flatter and frizzier.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • HairObsessedHairObsessed Posts: 138Registered Users
    Do you scrunch with your palms closed? That might help. Otherwise one thing I do is to scrunch with a t-shirt.

I guess it all depends what kind of "frizz" you're referring to... My frizz is typically strands of hair that has separated from clumps. The two things I mentioned above would help with this specific type of frizz. :)
    Wave Pattern: 2A
    Hair Properties: Normal/Low Porosity, Medium Density, Medium Texture w/Fine Straight Underlayer
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, Cure Care
    Low-poo: Renpure Brazilian Keratin
    Rinse Out & Leave In: Tresemme Naturals
    Gel: LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel
  • txwvy32txwvy32 Posts: 161Registered Users
    Do you scrunch with your palms closed? That might help. Otherwise one thing I do is to scrunch with a t-shirt.

I guess it all depends what kind of "frizz" you're referring to... My frizz is typically strands of hair that has separated from clumps. The two things I mentioned above would help with this specific type of frizz. :)

I do find scrunching with a tshirt is a lot better than using my hands.
    2(I have no idea what pattern), low porosity, mix of medium and coarse, dense

*Have just discovered the amazingness that is the "Spritz and Condish" routine* :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Shampoo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Conditioner
    RO: GVP CB, Garnier Triple Nutrition
    LI : Whatever conditioner I used + EVOO or Argon oil
    Stylers: Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Creme, EcoStyler Gel (krystal)
  • bobbybobby Posts: 669Registered Users Curl Novice
    txwvy32 wrote: »

I do find scrunching with a tshirt is a lot better than using my hands.

I actually tried that method this morning. Seems to be a good idea.:)
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file