We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

The short and long of it

So, I've finally figured out how to get my curly hair to look decent and also the quickest/easiest way to straighten it. It's been great being able to alternate between the two.

Now to take it a step further...

I was looking at old pictures and started missing my pixie cut. Has anyone tried or seen a hairstyle that can be short (curly) and long (straight)? I was thinking like a bob or something when it's straight, which I can also tie back for a more "elegant" look.

or do I just want to have my cake and eat it too? :lol:

I'm open to any ideas no matter how weird or wacky
Hair Type: Fine, 3a
Cond/LI: MOP Mixed Greens
Styler: IGA Gel
Oil: Coconut
Overall: Just likes a bit of TLC

:love5:

Comments

• princesspieprincesspie Posts: 94Registered Users
    bumping :icon_smile:

• jaclyn15jaclyn15 Posts: 227Registered Users
    I used to have so many layers that I could pin the underlayer of my hair up and it looked like I had a bob! It was kind of fun to have the option, but now I prefer to keep longer layers in my hair.

That's the only thing that comes to mind though. Maybe others can help more?
    My hair: 3b, corkicelli, medium porosity, medium texture, medium/thick density

Co-wash: DevaCurl NoPoo
    Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Leave-in: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, or my rinse-out!
    Gel: SS FHG (my new HG!!)... I also like HESMU, AIF, CJ CQ, BRHG, CJ PP and the occasional LALSG

Dislikes: Glycerin

CG and loving it! :hello1:
  • princesspieprincesspie Posts: 94Registered Users
    Thanks! I've decided to keep cutting it shorter and shorter till I get to a pixie cut. I'll try your pin-up bob when I get to about medium length.

he he... can't wait to start playing around with hairstyles again. :blob5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file