We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Shea Moisture must-tries?

poemaXXpoemaXX Posts: 456Registered Users
Hi gang,

I'm intrigued by Shea Moisture and am wondering what products you would consider a "must try".

I'm particularly curious about leave-in conditioners. :) But the PJ in my wants to know about everything!!
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength

Comments

• NikkiNickoleNikkiNickole Posts: 8Registered Users
    I liked the shine and moisture spray. It smells really good too

Sent from my HTC One X using CurlTalk App
  • curlypriyacurlypriya Posts: 223Registered Users
    I wud highly recommend the smoothie as well as the shine spray

Sent from my iPad using CurlTalk
    Hair type-3A/B fine ,dense,normal porosity..
    LOW POO : SM Moisture Retention,TBS Rainforest Moisture shampoo
    NO POO-DevaCurl No poo
    COWASH-Suave coconut,Tressemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture,Vo5 kiwi Lime
    RO -DevaCurl One Condish,Shea moisture condish,Matrix Biolage CB
    LI- AO GVP protein balancing condish,SM thickening Yucca growth milk,SM Shea Butter Leave in
    Stylers - SM smoothie,Aveda Flaxseed Aloe Gel,Eco Styler (Protein and Olive oil),Deva Arc Angel
  • fefe912fefe912 Posts: 570Registered Users
    I love the coconut and hibiscus line, the curl enhancing smoothie is my fave I also like to use the curling souffle under my gel to avoid all of the crunchiness. With the souffle a lot of people complain about the texture of it and say it's sticky, not taking into mind that it had agave nectar in it so that's where a little stickiness may comei n duhhhhh!!! lol.

I've started using the yucca and baobab line not long ago and I like the conditioner and the growth milk so far. With that line most people complain about the smell, but I actually like it.
  • briana.colleenbriana.colleen Posts: 22Registered Users
    How is this line compared to Deva? I know price wise it is mid range compared to regular drugstore products and Deva.
  • curlypriyacurlypriya Posts: 223Registered Users
    I love both..Deva has more protein and glycerin in it.so if u are either protein or glycerin sensitive u won't b able to get gr8 results with them.The Shea moisture products are more moisturising n has tonnes of oils in it.. U can either use them as sealers , moisturisers or curl enhancers..they don't have enough hold to be used alone as a styler.. Hope dis helps!

Sent from my iPad using CurlTalk
    Hair type-3A/B fine ,dense,normal porosity..
    LOW POO : SM Moisture Retention,TBS Rainforest Moisture shampoo
    NO POO-DevaCurl No poo
    COWASH-Suave coconut,Tressemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture,Vo5 kiwi Lime
    RO -DevaCurl One Condish,Shea moisture condish,Matrix Biolage CB
    LI- AO GVP protein balancing condish,SM thickening Yucca growth milk,SM Shea Butter Leave in
    Stylers - SM smoothie,Aveda Flaxseed Aloe Gel,Eco Styler (Protein and Olive oil),Deva Arc Angel
  • poemaXXpoemaXX Posts: 456Registered Users
    Went to my corner CVS today and although they had a limited selection they were buy 1 get 1 half-price. :) I got the Coconut Hibiscus Styling Milk and the Smoothie.

I'm psyched to try this brand because it's organic and it's CG and NO propylene glycol in any of its products. The itch PG gave me two years ago has kept me farrrrr away from anything other than all-natural stuff, but I think I'm finally opening up to brands other than Aubrey Organics. Tresemme Naturals is also on my radar now...

Keep the recs coming! :toothy7:
    || 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
    Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.

• poemaXXpoemaXX Posts: 456Registered Users
    I've been using the SM Milk and Smoothie with a bit of my AO B5 Gel on top this week – and my hair has never been so moisturized! Whoa. It's so shiny and soft. Unreal.

Thanks, folks!

• seamelody14seamelody14 Posts: 282Registered Users
    The smoothie is really nice and the shampoos are fabulous! I personally like Shea Moisture waaaayyyy better than Deva, the prices and availability are better too, as well as the scents in my opinion.
    2a/b
    medium/thick
    high porosity (from coloring)

Shampoo: Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
    Co-wash: Chistophe Robin Lemon Cleansing Cream
    RO: CJ strengthening, Kenra moisturizing
    LI: Jessicurl Aloeba
    DT: CJ rehab, Christophe Robin Prickly Pear Mask
    PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 minute
    Stylers: Jessicurl RR, SS Firm Hold Gel
    Oils: caudalie, sweet almond
  • yossarianyossarian Posts: 967Registered Users
    fefe912 wrote: »
    I've started using the yucca and baobab line not long ago and I like the conditioner and the growth milk so far. With that line most people complain about the smell, but I actually like it.

+1 ... I alternate this line with my AG and TN. The scent reminds ne of gardenia: very pretty, but could be overwhelming if you're sensitive to smells.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
    2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
    Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
    Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
    Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
    PT: BASK Whiskey Soak

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file