do you use mascara on bottom lashes?

PoochiePoochie Posts: 315Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I just read in a magazine that we should skip the bottom lashes because that "fringe around the eyes" look is "dated."
But I thought it helped "pop" my eyes!
I wouldn't be surprised if I were hopelessly out of fashion and never noticed :wink:

Comments

• EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm hopelessly out of fashion then because I still use mascara on my bottom lashes. My lashes may be strange though. They're light & thinner on the bottom, but fuller & darker on top.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I've always used mascara on my bottom lashes and can't think of any reason why I would stop (certainly not because "they" say it's out of fashion).
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I never used to, but I have been doing it for the last couple of months. I always thought it would make my dark circles look darker, but it doesn't. It actually draws more attention to the color of my eyes and de-emphasizes the circles.
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.
    I'm a product junkie. <3
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I only use mascara on my bottom lashes when I'm going out and night and am going for a more dramatic look.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    who cares if something is out of fashion??

if you think it makes you look better - go for it!

there are pics online of Jennifer Lopez at the Golden Globes wearing fake under-lashes.

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    I only wear mascara on top lashes but I've been doing that for years because I just like it that way. But if you guys like it, who cares if some one says its dated!
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have very long lashes under my eyes, and they tend to get covered in concealer and such as I put my makeup on. I put on a bit of low-key mascara just to blacken them again, since it's impossible to wipe away the excess makeup without taking off too much. I once tried a more dramatic mascara on my lower lashes, and it had a total Liza effect :lol:
  • godgivenpermgodgivenperm Posts: 678Registered Users
    Huh? :shock:

I think even Carmindy on What Not to Wear uses mascara on the lower lashes of the those that get makeovers.
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't used mascara on lower lashes in years. I think it looks dated.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think even Carmindy on What Not to Wear uses mascara on the lower lashes of the those that get makeovers.

I caught that show recently, and I heard her telling the client to skip the lower lashes, because it doesn't make much difference for most people anyway, and it saves a lot of time and reduces smearing.
  • blackbird668blackbird668 Posts: 22Registered Users
    Not using mascara or eyeliner on my lower lashes just makes my eyes disappear. I like to line all the way around and mascara both upper and lower, it actually makes my eyes larger and more defined.
    It probably depends on each person's eye shape.
    Money might not buy happiness, but it will buy a shiny red Mustang and you can drive up REAL close to it.

http://360.yahoo.com/blackbird668
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like to line all the way around and mascara both upper and lower, it actually makes my eyes larger and more defined.
    It probably depends on each person's eye shape.

you were right the second time.

some people's eyes can look SMALLER if they line all the way around.

if you have long lashes like mine (top and bottom), mascara on the bottom will only give you a racoon effect... even when wearing waterproof mascara, it rubs off on me.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • WavingNotCurlingWavingNotCurling Posts: 150Registered Users
    I only use mascara on top. In my case, mascara on the bottoms highlights the "fine" lines around my eyes and tends to "run". I don't think mascara on the bottom looks "dated".
    *CG for wavies. Type 2/3ab mix.
    (overgrown) Inverted bob.
    *Conditioner - VO5, Oyin, Goth Rosary
    *Gel - Origins, Jessicurl or Lush
    *Lo-Poo - Carols Daughter
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    I barely have bottom lashes. :oops: I don't normally wear mascara, but if I do, then I do top and bottom.
    3b-3c CG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file