We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Straighten my hair too much

So ive been straightening my hair almost everyday for the past 7 or 8 years. Im finally embracing my curls and learning to love them. My hair is SO damaged and half of my hair is wavy and the other half now dries straight. Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips on how to fix it? I get trims every 8 weeks and only straighten my hair once or twice a month now

Comments

• medusaloxmedusalox Posts: 16Registered Users
    I would maybe look into altering your hair routine, perhaps try CG or a low poo to avoid unnecessary stripping of moisture. Get a great conditioner and leave-in, try to give your hair some of its moisture back. Unfortunately there's really only so much you can do for damaged hair, keep up with your trims or maybe do a Big Chop and start over.
    2b/c wavy, mid-back and super thick
    finally went CG! 08/18/12 :hello1::occasion7:

co wash: suave naturals tropical coconut
    rinse out: tresemme naturals
    stylers: GF pure clean smoothing cream & gel

still learning and experimenting :flower:
  • medusaloxmedusalox Posts: 16Registered Users
    Also-- avoid heat styling!!!! If you *must* then get some REALLY great heat protectant products! Good luck doll xx
    2b/c wavy, mid-back and super thick
    finally went CG! 08/18/12 :hello1::occasion7:

co wash: suave naturals tropical coconut
    rinse out: tresemme naturals
    stylers: GF pure clean smoothing cream & gel

still learning and experimenting :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file